The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Most Visually Stunning Piece Of Magic You Bought (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi,

I'm looking for some visual tricks. Please let me know the most visual tricks you own and perform (they must be workable)...also state where they can be obtained from.

Thank you.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ok, here's a list of a couple of the effects I use which I think are visual:

STIGMATA by Wayne Houchin. Ellusionist
Sinful. Most magic retailers.
Liquid Metal. Penguin Magic
Pyro Perception.
Rubber Made (Daniel Garcia project). Penguinmagic, Magictricks.co.uk, various retailers
Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas (learnt it from Gregory Wilson in action) Magictricks.co.uk, various other.
Twisted (Daniel Garcia project). Penguin Magic, Magictricks.co.uk, various other.
Cesaral Melting Point. Hocus-Pocus, various others.
Passing Thru by Kevin Parker. kevinparkerproductions.com

There's a few for you. Most stuff by Daniel Garcia is very visual. What type of tricks are you into?

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 9:19am
Oh, Key Accessory and Ice From Water are both very good also. Ice from water is very visual, and it can be worked into a street performance. Both of these are available from hocus-pocus.com.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
These are great- it's a nice list for people who want to see and perform really visual magic.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Have you checked out my P-PIK Prediction Cards? Check it out and see what you think. Click on the link in my signature. I have an online video that shows the visual portion. If you like it you can purchase it from me, or I provide a list of reputable magic dealers who carry the effect.
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Misled, one of the most visual effects in magic. There are tons more, but that is always the first one that comes to mind. Watch the melt-thru in the mirror if you need convincing. You will say to yourself, "How did I do that?!"
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I agree with mislead - its simple and elegant
therapysessions
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
41 Posts

Profile of therapysessions
I've been using Ring Thing for a while and now that the dvd is out I picked it up and added a few moves to my routine. I keep it short and sweet and it always gets amazing reactions. It's purely visual and looks like trick photography, I highly recommend it. Check the demos. You can see them at ellusionist.com. It's by Garrett Thomas
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
DIS JOINTED (just joking lol), I really like Garrett Thomas' Ring Thing
Who is Tattoo Joe?
ALX 2.0
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ALX 2.0
PUNCTURE (just kidding lol), I also really like Garrett's Ring Thing.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Whats this david blaine sarcasm...lol..um pulling spectators teeth out..just kidding.. (wtf?)
ALX 2.0
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of ALX 2.0
Puncture is my effect. Dis Jointed is Joe's.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Er..ok then..can I have a freebie copy of both you guys effects? lol (its my birthday Smile )
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Tough call on this because it really, for me, depends on the audience. For some audiences, it's the Chop Cup. One of the greatest inventions of all time - Al Wheatley should be sanctified for it.

For other situations, it's the Mis-Made Bill, which I use in a double bill routine.

And for other audiences, it's the Linking Rings, which is STILL one of the most visually stunning things you can do IF you perform SLOWLY on at least one unlink move.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
whoton
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of whoton
Ninja rings very visual and great for street...
The Person With A Username
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of The Person With A Username
I can also support the linking rings. Chris Capehart's routine is great for street performances, too. The color changing silks is also a practical, visual effect that is very beautiful to the spectators.
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
I would agree that Stigmata and Sinful are visual. But are we forgetting about color changes? If done correctly, its the most visual move.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Well I just got the download for Passing thru by Kevin Parker and it was very interesting. The illusion is GREAT! One of the best eye catchers that I have come across in a long time. So seemingly impromptu yet baffling because the method in a layperson's (as well as some magicians) eye is that it has to be some new technology or out of this world device but its so simple!!! Its simple yet, and most importantly, creative and that's what I like. Even knowing the method still shocks you when looking down at the "penetration". In my opinion any trick/illusion that mystifies even the performer performing it, is worth the effort and for this item... definitely worth the price. My rating is 9 out of 10.

http://www.kevinparkerproductions.com/passing%20thru.html
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
2$ Window

Hundy500

Bizzare twist

or amazingly the most stunning reaction out of all the money tricks that I perform the classic bill switch gets them everytime! I have received stronger reactions from the classic switch than I have hundy500.
I have a theory as to why that is, but now is not the time to explain.

~Mayo
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
Credit Card (both sides) to playing card (both sides). I bought it online from a store in the UK. Makes for a nice visually change on a video demo.
Binary
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Binary
Leaving Home, Coin in bottle, Spooked, Loops, D'lite... Its hard to choose.

From the sound of people here though, ring thing is going near the top of my buying list Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Most Visually Stunning Piece Of Magic You Bought (41 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL