The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon coating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Folks,
Have any of you tried the 3M transpore tape, you can find it stocked in the drug health & beauty dept. along with the bandages, band -aids etc.; I've used it to silence the coin going into an expanded [; also very good for bill s-----ing from TT, helps the bill slide out much easier;
BWind
Sniper01
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Sniper01
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 23:02, krintz wrote:
Ok, I just resurfaced my Supercoin with mouse tape. It seems to work exactly as the original coating.
The stuff from Kennedy is around 20 bucks to redo 4 surfaces. Mouse tape was $4.50, with enough for 12-14 surfaces (8.5" long, 3" wide).

Krintz

Took the advice and ordered some mouse tape off ebay. My intention was to replace the tape on a Dream Coin Set, split coin. The tape arrived and I see it is kind of thick and has a rough surface or texture. The original tape on the coin is very thin and smooth. I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't appear to me this will work as the tape is thicker and rough which will put more space between the coins when together. Could be wrong, just my observations at this point.
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
Quote:
On 2008-10-29 13:38, Sniper01 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 23:02, krintz wrote:
Ok, I just resurfaced my Supercoin with mouse tape. It seems to work exactly as the original coating.
The stuff from Kennedy is around 20 bucks to redo 4 surfaces. Mouse tape was $4.50, with enough for 12-14 surfaces (8.5" long, 3" wide).

Krintz

Took the advice and ordered some mouse tape off ebay. My intention was to replace the tape on a Dream Coin Set, split coin. The tape arrived and I see it is kind of thick and has a rough surface or texture. The original tape on the coin is very thin and smooth. I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't appear to me this will work as the tape is thicker and rough which will put more space between the coins when together. Could be wrong, just my observations at this point.

Sniper, it's just the backing that has a rough surface. The actual tape is perfect. I thought the very same thing when I got it, but it works fine. Cut a piece the size you need, remove the backing, lay the tape on a flat surface, and put the coin on it. Trim the edges very carefully.
Trust me, it works.
Krintz

P.S. This stuff is just as thin as the original coating.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon coating (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL