The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best moments of the Amazing Kreskin!!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Oh Happy Day!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=5745

Just bought it at HMV on the weekend, going to sit down and enjoy it tonight!

Any one else have this?

Posted: May 23, 2006 3:39pm
------------------------------------------------
Okay, so I opened it up, WOW!

Using a combination of humour and showmanship, The Amazing Kreskin, has performed for royalty and presidential families for over 40 years.

Known as "the world's foremost mentalist", Kreskin has made more than 500 television appearances on shows like The Tonight Show (88 times!), CNN Morning News, The Late Show with David Letterman and many others.

For over six and a half years during the 1970's, the
mentalist dazzled millions of viewers weekly with his television series "The Amazing World of Kreskin".

Now for the first time ever...highlights from this
widely syndicated series are available on video!

9 Mesmerizing Hours
of Classic Kreskin!

This 3 DVD Set includes:

• 10 classic episodes from The Amazing World of Kreskin hand picked by the original producers and Kreskin himself

• 40 minutes of newly edited bonus Kreskin Moments from the series

• A new commentary on the series by Kreskin

• And if that wasn't enough...

this limited edition has a bonus gift:
an official replica of the vintage Milton Bradley Co. board game "Kreskin's ESP"
that sold a million copies in one year!

Included are the game board, instruction booklet and metal pendulum.

You now can tap into your Extra Sensory Perception and host your very own Kreskin ESP Party!

I watched the first episode...so incredibly good.

This captures Kreskin perfectly, he performed "skullocation", and an incredible dream tests effect with a volunteer.

This is a must have -- get it today, can't recomend this enough...
xxx
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
I'd like to get this but it says that it is unavailable.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Waiting for mine to arrive. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have it and I need to go back to it again. There is one routine where I think he only ask one question and can know who is telling the truth (10 or so spectators). There are a few simple effects but they are very effective. I think he actually shows the entire audience how he does one effect with a card deck. He takes a deck and shows it to two different people. One person sees all red cards and one sees all black suits. The deck is ungimmicked also. I paid $10 for my DVD.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Are you sure your not talking about his previous dvd made at the Friars Club? Rather than his early 70's TV show?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I also have the one Candini is talking about but this is something different...Correct? Nine Hours long.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Candini's reference sounds like the Friar's Club DVD to me, as well.

Kreskin has just released a new DVD. It's from his T.V. show. icy_rabbit has got it down. Smile
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Yes -- not to mention the wicked special features. You get the Kreskin ESP home game! What more could you want?
xxx
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Indeed! Plenty to learn from the greatest Mentalist!!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Googling around you'll find that there is a single DVD that sells for $9 to $20 entitled "The Amazing Kreskin: Mental Marvels, Feats and Stunts." Release date was 10/25/2005 and it has a running time of 96 minutes. There's a blurb on the cover that says it "Includes Kreskin's Amazing Pendulum." This is the one with the black and white photo of Kreskin on the cover in the "outstretched hand means I'm a mentalist" pose.

The new Kreskin video is a three DVD set entitled "Best Moments of the Amazing Kreskin." It seems to be brand new and not widely available yet. It sells for $25 to $35. It has a color picture of Kreskin on the cover and a total running time 8.5 hours. This is the one icy_rabbit described. I am eagerly awaiting my copy.

Does anyone know if the material on the single DVD is totally different from the three DVD set? If it is, I might pick up that one too, although KHp$ ratio isn't nearly as good as the set.

(Of course KHp$ means Kreskin hours per dollar.)
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'd wait until you know for sure that the Friars Club shoot, or the best of it, isn't included somehow. I got mine for $10 and the pendulum alone is worth that much.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
I can tell you the Friars Clubs shoot is not "the best of"..it is a totally different format and designed to teach some mental type "stunts" to laypersons... I have it...and watch the big K's TV series when it aired...both are worth gettings just to see his audience communication/handling skills and his dramatic instincts. And to simply see the master at two very different stages of his career..early and late. The great showman will not be alive forever.
Jeff Gan
View Profile
New user
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59 Posts

Profile of Jeff Gan
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 18:29, Rocketeer wrote:
Googling around you'll find that there is a single DVD that sells for $9 to $20 entitled "The Amazing Kreskin: Mental Marvels, Feats and Stunts." Release date was 10/25/2005 and it has a running time of 96 minutes. There's a blurb on the cover that says it "Includes Kreskin's Amazing Pendulum." This is the one with the black and white photo of Kreskin on the cover in the "outstretched hand means I'm a mentalist" pose.

Thanks for the tip. I've googled and I'm really interested in getting this DVD (the single disc version). It looks like a real good buy. Any reviews for this please?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
The great showman will not be alive forever.

Maybe not, but he plans on it anyway. Smile
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Does this set include his multiple selected cards to dinner rolls or is this effect just turban legend?
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does anyone perform the name from a bowl effect? This is the one where the 16 yr old microphone wanderer is blindfolded and searches out the person whose name is chosen out of a bowl.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I have used a version of it in my kids' show.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Kewl, how did it go with the kids? What ages? Sounds interesting. I could see this going well with 8 yr olds plus.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Age groups 6-8 and 9-12. Went over well. The kids enjoy spelling out their names for me. Smile
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 08:27, isso liwok wrote:
Does this set include his multiple selected cards to dinner rolls or is this effect just turban legend?

Card to Dinner Roll is performance only. Not taught anywhere.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best moments of the Amazing Kreskin!!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL