The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryls card slieghts video series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
Has anyone seen the series....... if so can you please tell me if it is worth getting...... I'm considering getting Vol. 8

thanx
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
There are a number of threads on Daryl's EOCS. Yes, they are excellent but really think about it before you invest in them. You can learn enough sleights to last a lifetime from books such as "Expert Card Technique" and "Expert at the Card Table." You can buy both for about $20!
William Holcomb
femur
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
175 Posts

Profile of femur
Why do you want volume 8? Is there something specific you want to learn?
"I can't really think of a good quote to put here"
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
I have the whole series and it is very worthwhile. One of the best visual resources out there for learning card sleights. Daryl is an excellent teacher and the L&L videos are very well made.

However, video 8 is largely on flourishes if I remember accurately. So there are some other probably better resources if flourishes are what you're looking to learn.

Hope this helps. Smile
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Does anyone know of a video that just teaches flourishes with both cards and coins. I'm talking basic fans, spreads, springs, coin rolls, etc.?
William Holcomb
mcatalani
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of mcatalani
I have the complete series of Daryls encylcopedia of card sleights. Books are good (and often much less expensive). But this video series does an excellent job of showing placements. Also, you get to see Daryl perform these sleights at full speed, so you get a good idea of how well they can be done. I have the DVD set, which is really nice because I can quickly get to a particular sleight that I want to research. Well worth it in my opinion, but I guess it depends on how serious you want to be with card sleights.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryls card slieghts video series (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL