The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Invisible stripper deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
Is there an invisible stripper deck out that I can buy and are there any DVD routines out that use the idea of a invisible deck and a stripper deck?

Thanks.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
What is the soruce which made you think there might be Invisible Stripper Deck?
Have you read an effect with it?

Or, are you talking about DVD which explain Invisible Deck and Stripper Deck?

Hideo Kato
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
I had an idea of using a stripper deck to right a Invisible Deck to be examined but I figured it would already be out and probaly be in a DVD somewhere.

Posted: Jul 4, 2006 8:12am
----------------------------------------
Edit - that's an Invisible Deck that can be stripped, not 2 decks.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
It seems as though a good idea, but I suspect if stripping out cards and letting spectator examine cards is a good combination.

Maybe Invisible Deck and Long & Short (Like Svengali) would be a better combination. You can Dribble off the cards face up or face down. With this deck, you can perform as below.

You Dribble off the cards face down and then face up mentioning all cards are facing same way. You bring the deck to behind your back and state you reverse one card. Spectator name any one card. As soon you hear the name, you bring the deck in front. You spread the deck face up, and the called card appears face down.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hideo Kato
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
My new idear

ok so you use do a trick with the Invisible Deck then prove the same order with the Long & Short cards then you gather them up and casualy shufful the cards as you strip out the reversed cards when the heat is off and you can carry on like its a normal deck.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
It's a much better idea!
Maybe you don't need Long & Short gaff. You just right the deck by stripping out and reverse half and proceed to perform next trick. (You need a good handling for that though).

Of course you can perform good effects with Stripper gaff.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
After showing Invisible effect, you explain that you can control the diriection of cards magically, and Riffle Shuffle the cards to mix face up cards and face down cards. Then you magically right the deck all facing same way.
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
Ok so are decks like this for sale or would I have to get a Stripper deck and alter it to long and short then rough the backs
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I have been posting here only for ideas sake. I am not interested in buying such deck or making it.

From the beginning, I didn't think it was good idea to have spectator examine the deck after doing such handling of righting face up face down condition.

Hideo Kato
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
I never asked you to buy or make one, I want to buy or make one cos I think I can work it into my presentation, I was wondering if I could buy one or how I would go about making one
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
Ok Hideo Kato I looked on your profile and it says that your a Magic Creator so I can see why you could think I was trying to sell you on the idear, sorry about that I don't post on this forum often, my idear for the invisable deck was just me wanting to own such a deck not sell the idear at all. and by making the deck I ment one for me by hand not to mass produce them
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't an Invisible deck use a R&S principle? That would make it nearly impossible to strip them, assuming you found (or made!) such a deck.

I'm with Hideo Kato on this one. I think you're overcomplicating things. Just do a deck switch and get on with it and forget about "proving" that the deck is normal. It would make for a really messy reset as well if you had to sit down and match up all the card pairs again before proceeding.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
I don't whant so much to prove that the deck is normal, I just want the luxury of carrying on with the routine with the same deck and still being abule to do the stuff I want, also I did think a R&S deck would be hard to strip but ive never tryed it befor I thort it best to see exactly how hard it would be
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
It would be difficult, but if your used to stripping WITHOUT as in an in the hands strip out riffle shuffle, youd be able to do it.

Moreover, the reset would be a doddle.

A perfect faro Smile

And no, rough and smooth has no affect on faro's.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
If Hideo Kato offered me free advice on an idea for an effect, I'd certainly be listening carefully!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
But for the life of me I can't imagine it's worth the trouble, other than as an experiment to see whether it can be done. I cannot remember a single time I have had someone want to examine my ID. Just bung it in your pocket when you're done, then switch if you need to.

And a stripped-out ID wouldn't pass muster with the sort of spectator who would want to examine it anyway: "Hey, what's with the funny feel of the backs of these cards?"
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I also think it's a bad idea to use Stripper ID for examination purpose (as I have already mentioned clearly), but we should not stop thinking here because we can create new ideas with such a new kind of deck.

For example, imagine doing Triumph with such deck. The selection is only reversed in the deck. You say magical words to vanish the selection. Spectator spreads the cards to find his selection, but it's gone. Then the cards appear face up in the face down deck.

New ideas sometimes come from unusual conditions we have never imagined.

Hideo Kato (JW45)
theheartsfailure
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of theheartsfailure
What is the differance between the invisable deck and stripper deck?
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Invisible deck uses rough and smooth, stripper deck is tapered at one end
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2006-10-13 06:10, Mystification wrote:
Invisible deck uses rough and smooth, stripper deck is tapered at one end.

This answer is 100% correct, but I think he doesn't understand.

Hideo Kato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Invisible stripper deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL