We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.F. Bay Area & NorCal magician Check In (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Ba doom boom ching!
Is dis ting on?
Is dis ting on?

Thank you guys for the Kudos! I'm really happy this show is "working" so to speak. Everytime I make a new show I'm concerned that it just won't "work". And so, I'm very happy that Now and at the Hour as come out to everyone's (well most peoples) liking. I especially appreciate the fact that so many magicians can appreciate the lack of "magic show" in this show: that the story was more important the "cooler" magic effects.

Thank you all again!
C

PS
We got featured on the BrownPaperTicket home page this week
http://brownpapertickets.com/

Just one weekend left
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
qkrnei
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of qkrnei
Hi to all,

Happy to be back in town! I will be performing again at the California Magic Dinner Theatre in Martinez, CA. ( http://www.calmagic.com )

The dates are August 28th and 29th. Get your tix online today.

Sorry I have not written in a while but really am glad to be back.

Jeff Ezell
http://www.JeffEzell.webs.com
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
462 Posts

Profile of ashah
I was fortunate to see the last show (in the current run at least) of "Now and at the Hour" this past Saturday. It was an excellent show that had me very pleasantly surprised.

When I read descriptions of the show, I thought that it might be too light on magic and too heavy on the underlying "story" for my tastes. The "bizarre magic" tag that some people have put on it also worried me.

Well, my worries were totally misguided. Christian's show was very well done. It had good magic, ranging from classic mentalism to cards, which was a pleasure to watch. The "story" was really the unique part though, and I must say it was quite emotionally powerful, on the strength of Christian's scripting and acting. I look forward to seeing his next show!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Last minute possibility of hitting the S.F. area during September thru Oct 8, any club lecture interest...contact me by the 21st. of August.
Magic Ian lecture- Rope lecture and workshop.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3477 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Just a Café late summer update…

--Keeping up the “Eccentrics” show pieces for our private autumn gigs.
--Planning the shows for my mid-west bookings next month.
--Working on my presentation for October’s Magic and Meaning Conference in LV.
--Struggling with this new art-form of ventriloquism, boy and I thought magic was hard!

OK I’m pretty busy, but still have time for friends and frolic,
let me know where to see you in the Bay Area, or let’s do lunch guys!

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3477 Posts

Ian, I just PM'ed you with a few ideas,
it would be soooo great to see your work and lecture in the SF area!

Walt
by Walt Anthony

Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Rock & Roll Magic Show
Lesher Center for the Arts
1601 Civic Drive
Walnut Creek , CA 94596
August 22, 2009, curtain 7pm
http://www.lesherartscenter.org/onstagenow/magicians

Hurry, hurry, hurry! Tickets are on sale NOW for the Society of American Magicians annual Share the Magic Show 2009 entitled “Rock & Roll Magic Show”. This year’s show is MC’ed by none other than our own international star Timothy James who has performed for audiences around the world and is a favorite with major cruise ship lines. Timothy will not only MC but will perform throughout the evening as well. The rest of our local star studded performers will be the local musical talent of Biernacki and the Illusion who will provide live music and magic for the show. More local talent performing is Rudy Adamek, Doug Kovacich, Germar, Bob Steiner, Danielle Lamb, Jerry Barrilleaux, Loren Lind, Roy Porfido and Ric & Kara Ewing .

This two hour show case of local talent is turning up the heat to produce a show like none other. This is a not-to-miss-show. This year’s show is being hosted at the Lesher Center for the Arts, 1601 Civic Drive , Walnut Creek , CA 94596 . Tickets can be purchased on line at http://www.lesherartscenter.org/onstagenow/magicians. But you can receive a discount by calling the ticket office to order by phone at 925.943.SHOW (7469) or going to the theater or Barns and Noble in person and using the discount code “Rabbit” to receive a 15% discount off your total purchase. Ticket office hours are Tuesday - Thursday and Sunday: Noon - 6 pm, Friday & Saturday: Noon - 7:30pm, Closed Monday. Ticket prices are Adults $35, Senior (62+ yrs) $25 and Youth (up to 17 yrs) $15. What a bargain for this year's show of music and magic.

http://www.lesherartscenter.org/onstagenow/buy_tickets
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Getting ready for the show.

Half price tickets on the day of the show!!!

Half price tickets for the SAM 112 “Rock and Roll Magic Show” are available today. Go to the Barnes & Noble Book store, 1149 S. Main St., Walnut Creek. Tickets are available a...t the Lesher Center desk in the store from Noon to 6PM. You have to pick them up in person. This is just two blocks from the Theatre.

christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Saw our local boy Alex Ramon again in Ringling Bros and Barnum and Baily Circus this past weekend.

If you don't know, Alex (formerly Alex Gonzales) grew up going to Joe Pon's Misdirections Magic show and performed a couple of times at Jerry's Cal Magic, I believe. Well he's now the RING MASTER! Or, should I say the ZING MASTER of Ringlings new show "ZING ZANG ZOOM!"

It's a Ringling Circus headed by young Alex as the Ring Master, hosting the show and doing BIG illusions like making Asia the Elephant disappear and turning a clown into a Tiger! All the illusions were designed or co-ordinated by Jim Steinmeyer! THE Jim Steinmeyer!

He's played to sold out arenas from New York's Madison Square Garden to our own Oakland Arena.

Next week the show stops in Sacramento for a week so GO CHECK HIM OUT AND SUPPORT OUR LOCAL KID WHO'S MADE GOOD!

Okay enough gushing. Go see him!
Christian
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5560 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Darn! I missed him when he was in Oakland.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3124 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 14:51, Zazz wrote:
Getting ready for the show.

Half price tickets on the day of the show!!!

Half price tickets for the SAM 112 “Rock and Roll Magic Show” are available today. Go to the Barnes & Noble Book store, 1149 S. Main St., Walnut Creek. Tickets are available a...t the Lesher Center desk in the store from Noon to 6PM. You have to pick them up in person. This is just two blocks from the Theatre.

so how was the show?
Rags make paper,
Paper makes money,
Money makes banks,
Banks make loans,
Loans make beggars,
Beggars make...
...rags
-Anonymous, circa early 1700's
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3124 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It's almost time for the Oakland Magic Circle's Annual "Inter-Club Stage Competition and Spaghetti Dinner". This contest will feature magicians from several area clubs, including:

• S.A.M. Assembly 80 (Jongleurs) – Hayward
  • S.A.M. Assembly 94 – Palo Alto
  • S.A.M. Assembly 112 – Pleasant Hill
  • I.B.M. Ring 216 – San Jose
  • Coastal Magicians – Capitola
  • Oakland Magic Circle – Oakland

There's a lot of talent lined up for this contest, and the food is alway a fine, filling, and tasty treat as well! The evening's festivities take place on Tuesday, Sept 1st. Doors open at 6:00 pm, dinner is served at 7:00 pm, and the evening will wrap up around 9:30 pm.

You can find more information here if you're interested, for the dinner you've got to buy tickets in advance. http://www.oaklandmagiccircle.com/

To order tickets, go here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/75152
Rags make paper,
Paper makes money,
Money makes banks,
Banks make loans,
Loans make beggars,
Beggars make...
...rags
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3477 Posts

A great day at the Circus in Sacramento,
Zing-master Alex has blossomed into a most powerful and electric performer
sprinting the huge arena, covering miles in seconds it seems, and making magic explode everywhere...
such a pleasure to watch him take true command of the huge arena
and wow the crowd at Zing-Zang-Zoom, Alex is now a masterful performer
who can hold the whole circus on his shoulders while enthralling audiences,
talk about multi-tasking.
The illuisons are sound, but the 15 inch Owen Supreme Rings
and the live dove productions rule!
One silk flutters from the rigging and almost melts
into a bird as it reaches Alex;s fingertips. lovely...

Magically, Walt
by Walt Anthony

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3477 Posts

Ah, one heads-up,
with EVERY circus souvenir program,
they give out a t****tip with scarf.
That means THOUSANDS floating around in every city.
Unless you have astounding chops,
and one heck of an original routine (think Dan Harlan)
I'd vanish your silks any other way for a while....

Two-cents,
Walt
by Walt Anthony

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3124 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It's almost time for the Oakland Magic Circle's Annual "Inter-Club Stage Competition and Spaghetti Dinner". This contest will feature magicians from several area clubs, including:

S.A.M. Assembly 80 (Jongleurs) – Hayward
S.A.M. Assembly 94 – Palo Alto
S.A.M. Assembly 112 – Pleasant Hill
I.B.M. Ring 216 – San Jose
Coastal Magicians – Capitola
Oakland Magic Circle – Oakland

There's a lot of talent lined up for this contest, and the food is alway a fine, filling, and tasty treat as well! The evening's festivities take place on Tuesday, Sept 1st. Doors open at 6:00 pm, dinner is served at 7:00 pm, and the evening will wrap up around 9:30 pm.

You can find more information here if you're interested, for the dinner you've got to buy tickets in advance. http://www.oaklandmagiccircle.com/

To order tickets, go here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/75152
Rags make paper,
Paper makes money,
Money makes banks,
Banks make loans,
Loans make beggars,
Beggars make...
...rags
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3477 Posts

So how did the OMC Inter-Club Dinner go???

Walt
by Walt Anthony

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3124 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The sell out crowd seemed to enjoy the evening very much. No one walked away from dinner hungry! Smile

Our special guest, Bill Seagraves a professional magician from New Zealand provided some wonderful entertainment after the contestants performances (which were also wonderful.) Dan Chan, representing the Oakland Magic Circle (Fix! J/K Smile ) ultimately won the People's Choice award -He accumulated the most votes from the paying audience.

All of the performers deserve accolades. Without their participation, the evening's festivities would have not have happened at all, and they were all such great sports! I don't want to sound too cliche' but they were all, in fact, winners.

The Bay Area has got such a wonderful pool of magical talent! It's great to be a part of it. My personal thanks to all of the night's contestants, including: Mary Mauder, Douglass the magic man, Scott Emo, Doug Hofkins, Brettso the Great and Dan Chan the Magic Man.

Also, many thanks to the Oakland Magic Circle for hosting and organizing this event!
Rags make paper,
Paper makes money,
Money makes banks,
Banks make loans,
Loans make beggars,
Beggars make...
...rags
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5560 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Who would be up for a small private workshop hosted by PARA LIES author Joshua Quinn probably hosted in the East Bay at a private location. We are talking about a group of 10 -12 people for $35-$40 per person. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5560 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
As it turns out there is a good likelihood that Joshua Quinn will be doing a formal lecture in the East Bay in early October. More as that unfolds.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5560 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Unfortunately, that folded... BUT this weekend is the HUGE Pacific Pinball Museum Expo at the Marin Civic Center. There are several magic specific pinball machines there, and many more card related machines. "Theater of Magic" was hugely popular.

Get out there and play them while you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.F. Bay Area & NorCal magician Check In (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.62 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL