The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Tips on performing for Deaf audiences? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ace of $pades
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ace of $pades
That's great. How did you explain the tricks though?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Ron and tsewnhoj, I really learn a lot from this thread.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
I have an advantage in that my wife is an interpreter and has seen my act and knows my lines almost as well as I. Also helpful with little deaf jokes.

Robert
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Anyone know why their society page seems defunct?

http://www.usdeafmagicians.com/

Thanks,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I performed my most recent show for a deaf audience this past Christmas. They provided me two interrupters (They know my show and that I talk a LOT) who took turns.

When I perform for them, I slow down and try to be more visual.

They sent a follow up letter to the agency saying how much they enjoy when I perform for them. They said they like my personality and that I am funny!

That really touched me...
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Hi My father is deaf and my mother is hard of hearing and when I perform for my parents deaf friends I sign to them whilst performing. I think it helps me to adapt sleights to different angles and situations.
DPowell
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DPowell
Great advice. My best friend is a sign language interpreter as well and she has tried to translate for me at a bar I go to. Generally It works out okay but not the best. I will have to use these tips the next time I go to the bar.
zappyjingles
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of zappyjingles
G'day, G'day

Wow all that info is fantastic. I am doing a Auslan course next term and I have two Makaton books to work through as well

Hugz N Gigglz
anastounder
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of anastounder
I am soooo lucky that I have been selected to be one of the judges at the coming Conference of Deaf Magicians to be held in Riverside in the first full week of April. Having only had a couple of years of sign language and a long time ago frightened me but there will be interpreters so I am really looking forward to it.

I do not get into the Magic Café that often but the inputs here about deaf magicians has been good input. Thanks to you all.

Anastounder
Goal to go full time.
Experience includes Parties, Restaurant, Street Fairs, Civic Organizations, Hospital, Senior Center, Church School, and Youth Camp.
Want to be a B.U.M. (BACK UP MAGICIAN) FOR YOU WHEN YOU ARE OVERBOOKED
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Tips on performing for Deaf audiences? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL