The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Information need on British Escape Artist VAL WALKER (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
I am looking for information of British Escape Artist Valentine (Val) Walker for a article in the Handcuff Annual 2007. In particular I would like to know more about his John Bull straitjacket and his Houdini Challenge.

Some information can be found on the web at:
http://www.houdini-connections.co.uk/4-info/Topics/sj-John Bull.htm

There are evidently articles on Walker in past issues of Abra and the Magic Circular, but I have not seen them. The web site about references the 'The Magic Circular', May/June issue 1968. If any one has a copy I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy of the article.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

P.S. If you would like to see or even try out Jim Stewart's reproduction of the John Bull jacket, I will be bringing it to Cannon's convention in LA later thie month.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
The link I tryed did not work but this should. http://www.houdini-connections.co.uk/4-i......Bull.htm
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Joe, Chris Gower has all the info you would need plus he has recreated Val Walker's famous Naval tool locker escape where he was bolted into the rivet upright tool chest.

Ian
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
Don

Thanks for fixing the link.

And Ian thank for the tip. I have contacted Chris and he is looking through his archives.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Information need on British Escape Artist VAL WALKER (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL