The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23~24~25 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24145 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2009-12-02 01:50, AdamB wrote:
I'm amazed some of you guys carry so much.

Anything more than a couple regular coins, and a deck of cards if I have my backpack with me, is too much.

Do you actually work much? Or is this just a hobby for you?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
I see a lot of people mentioning TT. I was wondering what kind of routines most of you use with your TT.

Ezzet
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
My wallet, which I always have with me, has several items in it - Wonderland Dollar, MagiCard, Mental Yarn, business cards w/ blank back for "printing," Bryn Reynolds' BusinessCoin Prediction, acrobatic dollars, and a couple others. I also always carry at least on half dollar w/ me to do a simple vanish or similar.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1628 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2010-01-06 14:52, Ezzet wrote:
I see a lot of people mentioning TT. I was wondering what kind of routines most of you use with your TT.

Ezzet

The one effect I perform more than anything and use
in many shops, bars,restaurants, on the street etc and gets a great reaction is
My version of Bill Switch-Using White Paper (same size) to $10 Bill

Here they are bright Blue and the visual transformation is quite startling!

I usually present a business card and has lead
to many functions for the companies etc
as they have seen a brief magic miracle and the've met you!!

Cheers
AdamB
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of AdamB
Quote:
On 2010-01-03 11:22, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-02 01:50, AdamB wrote:
I'm amazed some of you guys carry so much.

Anything more than a couple regular coins, and a deck of cards if I have my backpack with me, is too much.

Do you actually work much? Or is this just a hobby for you?

Good call. This is currently just a hobby. Even so, I can't see myself carrying sponge balls, cards, and a few gimmicks for everyday carry and NOT in a working situation, as the thread mentioned.
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Hey kudos to you AdamB, if you can perform good magic with just cards and coins. Impromptu magic is one of my favourite kinds of magic.
TheCoats
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of TheCoats
I typically always have my backpack with me which has decks of cards in it and whatever gimmick or packet trick(s) I am playing with. Oh, and the backpack also contains my small moleskin journal I use to write down Magic related information, ideas, and tricks/tips.
Well, That was fun!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
1994 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 17:02, DaddyDoodle wrote:
My wallet, which I always have with me, has several items in it - Wonderland Dollar, MagiCard, Mental Yarn, business cards w/ blank back for "printing," Bryn Reynolds' BusinessCoin Prediction, acrobatic dollars, and a couple others. I also always carry at least on half dollar w/ me to do a simple vanish or similar.
thanks- glad BCP is working for you. No more are for sale due to a military deployment, but I plan to tip the methodology, as well as several variations on it, when I get time to release my next eBook. Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Also available at: www.mentalismcenter.com

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Quote:
On 2010-01-06 14:52, Ezzet wrote:

Ezzet

Good question, and as you know as a utility item you can do almost anything. I like it to assist with a torn and restored paper napkin, though of course there are alternative methods to doing this trick without a TT. Another one I like is to vanish salt or sugar.
I prefer not to vanish a silk due to the reasonable amount of lay people who know the effect. On the otherhand, if you have a wand with you, using David Williamson's method is great silk vanish and even 'informed' lay people won't have a clue.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
Deck...TT...loops...gaffed coins...oh...and a gypsy thread spool...hehe
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.perseusmagic.com
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
I only carry a deck of cards...
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Ring flight Revolution from David Bonsall is the only thing I carry now without fail. I might take a TT ready for a Bill Switch if I'm keen. These two tricks are enough to impress anyone at a moments notice.

I have to say that as magicians, we sometimes do magic to please ourselves rather than the audience. If someone says 'show me a quick trick' then usually that's what they mean. They don't mean show me 30 minutes of your act! I do two very good tricks and swap business cards - if they want more they know where they can hire me! And I sometimes use the line "if you think think that was good....this was on the spot! You should see me when I'm prepared for a show!"

I'm not a fan of going down to the grocery store and carrying a deck of cards, 4 sponge balls, 8 sponge rabbits, 2 coins in my shoe, some elastic bands on my wrist, a tub of magicians wax, an invisible deck in my back pocket, an out to lunch wallet and a sheet of flash paper....."just in case."

Magicians are supposed to be able to do magic anywhere, at any time, with anything. So when performing impromptu I can borrow items and perform miracles with them. Why do I need special props like sponge balls and decks of cards when I'm doing my shopping? It is different at a paid performance, because I am expected to have props.

If it's a prospective client I show them ring flight and bill switch and that's it. If its a group of friends who aren't going to book me, but they still want to see something I can then do a few mental routines, a watch steal, PK time, some coin routines - and anything from the Greg Wilson DVD's 'Off the Cuff' and 'On The Spot!'
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Amen to Ring Flight Revolution!

I carry a Two Dollar Bill Tear, some flash paper, a 3CM, Extremem Burn, and Holy Moly as well.

A solid and devastating 5-7 minutes if I wish to take it that long, but these all hold their own ON their own too!
mhsam
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mhsam
Iwear a suit/sportcoat every day so Iget to carry: Stockbroker for my business cards, Howie Schwartzman's Leather Impact,and the Invisible Deck. I carry in my pants: Predator Wallet or original Roy Roth Kolossal Killer Wallet and color changing knives.
mhsam
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mhsam
Iwear a suit/sportcoat every day so Iget to carry: Stockbroker for my business cards, Howie Schwartzman's Leather Impact,and the Invisible Deck. I carry in my pants: Predator Wallet or original Roy Roth Kolossal Killer Wallet and color changing knives.
Hedberg
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Hedberg
I have a memorized deck that is roughed on the backs. That way I can use it as a regular deck and I can also use it as an invisible deck by faro shuffling half of the deck face down into the face up half.
Mad Mage
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Mad Mage
At the risk of getting heckled for not having read the entire 10 pages, let me say this.

A lot of stuff can be carried in a Sport Coat or Field Jacket Styled shirt. I just got 5 Sport Coats from a local Goodwill for $20. I didn't intend to get that many, but I got lucky with the fit, varity and price. I intent to fit one with a topit that buttons out of the way, a Raven on the left and a pull on the right. Additionally, I'll add pockets inside to carry cards and gaffs. Start with a tweed or herring bone that goes well with jeans, dockers or dress pants.

If the Suit/Sports coat is not your thing you can always use a fanny pack or the assassin's pouch.
RodHousley
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of RodHousley
One Coin and a deck of cards. I can do a whole show with these props. Visual, stunning magic that is memorable and amazing sleight of hand that people are impressed by. I won't leave without my one coin. I may leave without my cards.
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of JCheng
One coin, deck of cards and Wow! by Masuda!
ballisticmonkey3
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of ballisticmonkey3
Usually, I will have on me a rising deck, some glue and thin wire or thread, and a PK ring. The PK ring is not something I got away with in the beginning, but now that I have won it for a while, nobody gets suspicious. I also carry a really cheap version of the pen through bill, mostly to write with. However, one of my favorite routines to do is the quarter through soda can because I can just buy it from a vending machine or borrow the stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL