The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..16..29..42..55..65~66~67~68~69..71~72~73 [Next]
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Elwood and Sam!

pawel, volume 4 was sent to my MB USA mailing list.
It was the 7th supplement sent to my MB USA list. Hopefully, there will be many more.

But enough about volume 4. I'm starting to wonder if more than 2 people got volume 5?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Thank you for both the Mind Blasters USA and Switchcraft supplements, Elliott!
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
266 Posts

Profile of Mifune
Another happy customer here! I haven't read the supplement yet, I purchased the book last week, what a surprise! Thank you Elliott.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Yes Elliott, I also received my new shot of Switchcraft Smile
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I realized while on here that I had not gotten the last few supplements of Switchcraft. I emailed Elliott and within minutes I had the latest version. That's amazing customer service and Switchcraft is probably the best investment anyone can make in mentalism Smile
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Tim, Mifune, Mar O and Fred!

I really appreciate your posts!

Supplements for both Switchcraft and MB USA went out over the last 1.5 weeks.

For the record, the Switchcraft file available on my Switchcraft site now includes:

Switchcraft
The Billet Machine
Billet Proof
Silver Billet
Back from the Dead
Stack Master
CT's Switch
Q 4 U 2
The Zombie Chicken Read
Alexander Marsh’s Tel.
Ken Krenzel’s Psychologia
Secrets of the Masters Volume One
Secrets of the Masters Volume Two
Playing with Blocks
Secrets of the Masters Volume Three
Tervil Extra Bold and Other Cool Stuff
The Switchcraft Holiday Special
Three
ConFab Four and More!
Chiber & Other Cool Stuff
Cast Your Billet
Flashers of Inspiration – Vol. 1
Holiday Special 2014 – Vol. 1
Slip of the Mind
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 1
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 2
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 3
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 5

And The Mind Blasters USA files on my Mind Blasters USA site now come with:

Mind Blasters USA
Advanced L&D
Beating a Living & Dead Horse
The Infallible Billet - A Method for Impossible Predictions
Flashes of Inspiration Vol. 2
The Rock Paper Scissors Manuscript
Holiday Special 2014 - Vol. 2
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 4
Jheff’s Journal of the Mind – Volume 4, Issue 24 (featuring me)

Thanks again,

Elliott
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
How easy is Switchcraft V37 ????...Answer: An absolute doddle!!!

How good is Switchcraft V37 ????...Answer: Superb!!!

804 pages of unrivalled billet work knowledge, for under £15.00!!

Do yourself a massive favour, visit https://sites.google.com/site/ebswitch/home and hit the PayPal icon.

Well done Elliott.

p.s. While you're at it, download Bob Cassidy's Billet Killers http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4093

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Paul!

I will probably send out another supplement in the next 24-36 hours (or less).

Elliott
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
266 Posts

Profile of Mifune
Received another update! It seems very interesting. Thank you Elliott.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Another update from the Elliott Billet Machine. He is contributing to the depletion of the rain forest. Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Mifune and Greg!
Glad to hear at least two people got this.
Hopefully, over time, people will realize just how awesome Zee’s contribution really is.
A video would have made it abundantly clear, but I have insufficient time these days.
Aside from Bunny Star, the technique Zee generously contributed can, of course, be used for deceptive impromptu and direct full billet peeks. For example – and without going into inappropriate detail - do the move and put the business cards in an envelope, wallet, pocket, etc.
And you’re done. It’s as simple as that.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Gotta give some thought to clean-up, though.
In case someone wants to inspect things afterwards.
It happens...
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Great update as always! Smile
*I knew you were going to read this
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Not to be a debby downer.. But after receiving a copy of his ebook, I made note that his Bunny Star routine is almost identical to my "Muse" routine from my ebook "Phenomental!" After talking about it, he decided he would credit me.

But sadly I don't see any credit being made..

-Dustin
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Dustin,

I am kind of swamped at the moment, but feel obligated to respond in order to correct any false impressions that may result from your ambiguous use of the word “his”.

I have never seen your routine “Muse” or your e-book, “Phenonmental”.

As far as I am aware, you have never contacted me about your routine or provided me with a copy to evaluate for crediting.

Certainly, I have never agreed to offer any sort of credit.

Therefore, I assume you are referring to a private conversation between you and Zee.

Zee sent me “Bunny Star” and one other trick on 10/26/2015. I will go out on a limb and assume that your conversation happened after that date, or Zee would have mentioned it to me at that time.

I do not know why you decided to take this matter public, rather than contact me directly, but that does not matter.

(Frankly, I am happy you posted, as I’ll take any bumps to this thread that I can get. I actually kind of hope this sparks a major controversy that lasts for months – but I digress.)

Regarding crediting, please send me a copy of your routine and I will evaluate whether additional crediting is needed. If I deem that to be the case, I will even pull it from Switchcraft, if needed.

Without having seen your routine, I think the odds are unlikely that an extra credit will be necessary. The plot of “Bunny Star” is ancient, and has appeared in countless routines dating back over a century. I have personally published over 20 such routines in Switchcraft and my supplements to MB USA – I hope you credited me. Many modern routines execute the plot with unfolded cards via contrxxxxng the odd card to a favorable position in a stack, and then pexxxng at that card. Many modern and ancient effects include contrxxxxng the necessary card to the exact position used in Bunny Star and then pexxxng at that card. Off the top of my head and without access to my library, I can think of one such routine that was published in the 1940’s – and more followed. As far as I am aware, Zee’s contribution to this is his use of a new technique to get things where they need to be instantly and deceptively. Zee not only credits the originator of this technique, but also requested and received his permission to discuss it. So, unless you use the same new technique AND received permission to discuss it in your e-book, then there is not much to talk about.

That being said…

If Zee already agreed to credit you, then all the above is moot. I have no problem adding a credit when I do the next supplement. It’s not like it costs me anything to do it…

Thank you,

Elliott
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Yes he did agree to credit me.. I didn't realize this took place before Zee and I spoke. And it was a friendly conversation as I wish Zee all the best so nothing against you or him.

We talked about how the methods were slightly different and how the presentation wasn't original to me, but how similar the routines are. But seeing as this happened before our conversation, I don't feel so bad haha.

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
No problem, Dustin.

Like I said, I'll take any posts to this thread I can get.

Just to clarify, does your routine used the technique I referred to above or not?

If yes, did you receive permission from the creator of that technique, as Zee did?

Thank you,

Elliott
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 10, 2015, ElliottB wrote:
No problem, Dustin.

Like I said, I'll take any posts to this thread I can get.

Just to clarify, does your routine used the technique I referred to above or not?

If yes, did you receive permission from the creator of that technique, as Zee did?

Thank you,

Elliott

It does not, it uses a variation of a s***ch. It was made for Olivier Boes' "Ceulia Force."

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
So, if everything in” Bunny Star” is ancient except for the novel application of a particular new move – and you admittedly do not use that method – then why exactly would Zee need to credit you?
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Because it started as a casual conversation, of which I pointed out similarities in our routines. He then offered to change the presentation to which I said no it's fine, because it's been around for a long time anyways. I then said that if he wanted to mention me or something though that'd be cool. He then offered to credit me in big bold letters (a small joke lol).

So.. In short, he doesn't NEED to credit me. No one said he did.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..16..29..42..55..65~66~67~68~69..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL