The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Info Wanted: Docc Hilford's "QuestA" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Hocus-Pocus is listing a new title by Docc Hilford titled "QuestA, Question and Answer Act." Can anyone offer additional information or a review? Thank you for your help!

Tom
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2266 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Ya...i want some more info too...
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of zgecko
One more try! Has anyone heard anything about this?
Ken, thank you for your 'second'!!

Tom
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13122 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Try asking Paul Gross. He is the only one who has it listed (Hocus Pocus)

It reads like something I'd be interested in as well.

Tony
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
By the way, anyone ever figure out a way to contact Docc H directly? I always did want to send him an e-mail thanking him for some great effects and thought provoking concepts he put out in his books - although I don't use a lot of them as described - his way of turning simple effects into full blown theatrical magic as well as his dark edge really appealed to my style!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of zgecko
I wish there was a way to contact Docc directly, but I don't know of one! (I have heard he is selling some DVDs at his lectures that are not available elsewhere!!)
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1415 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Email: drcocktail1@netzero.net

He is also a member on the Café here. Pm him too.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13122 Posts

Nice edit John. Smile
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1415 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Smile
Jesse Gernigin
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
18 Posts

Profile of Jesse Gernigin
Hello, didn't anyone read this advert? It doesn't sound to hard to concoct a method. If it is what I think it is there is a problem, it isn't worth the money, but it is and you will use it. I hate saying that and trying to sound clever but this method doesn't seem worth 100.00 dollars any day of the week. Docc's ideas are great most of the time, and I imagine if you use this (which you probably will) it will be worth it, but man.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13122 Posts

Jesse

Methods for accomplishing the routine are simple to construct, what we would be paying for is to read Docc's thoughts on routining a Q&A type act. $100 for the advice of a top professional on constructing an act is very little.

Tony
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks John - I had that e-mail before from a manuscript and it bounced - hmmm.. I'll try again... he is a member??!!? Hey, PM me what he goes by so I can PM him then... if he is a member... I haven't seen him post as Docc Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jesse Gernigin
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
18 Posts

Profile of Jesse Gernigin
T.I, don't care, just thought you should know.
Just playing man, thought I'd get the blood to boil a little so ppl would keep reading. Yes the thoughts, if well produced and not on the same level as say, Mountain of Madness or Secret Seance will be worth the price However the method has everything to do with the routine, if you deconstruct it you'll understand.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2266 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I wish there was a way of contacting Doc too. His material is incredible, I would like to know what his Q&A offers that my current one (and others out there) do not. Doc is excellent at writing sales copy...he has a fantastic way with words that gets you all excited which I just love.

Ken
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
I personally think it is a great act for a working pro. Yes, there are multiple ways that one could accomplish a similar end, but the thinking that has gone into Questa is great and the advise on Q&A that Docc gives is outstanding. Is it worth the money being asked? We all know the line already... If you use it, it is worth every penny and then some. I personally like it and will be using it.

Stan
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3401 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Questa is pretty cool.

I was a little confused by it when I first got them in. With an initial thought of "hmm, will people actually buy a black folder and a load of paper?".

However, when I sat down and read the method it is actually quite clever.

The black folder pretty much does all the dirty work for you, which of course leaves you to concentrate on the presentation of the routine.

I thought the instructions were well put together and very easy to follow.

Basically, if you want a ready made and very strong Q&A routine where you answer questions in detail for quite a number of people, that when deconstructed comes across as though you haven't touched anything, then this is for you.

I also thought that Docc's thoughts on NOT becoming a shrink and keeping the whole thing 100% entertainment focused is also very useful. Since you actually answer real questions from the crowd it would be very easy to fall into this trap.

All in all its a very nice piece that shouldn't be overlooked.

Even though I do sell these myself, please don't feel that I'm trying to hype this up to increase sells. If it was rubbish I would say.

That's my opinion anyway. Anyone else???

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2007-03-17 04:57, Roslyn wrote:

That's my opinion anyway. Anyone else???

Anyone else? ;-)

Greetings
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
933 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I got it two weeks ago. It is a complete course in Q&A. I'm still digesting the information....
Hoff Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
258 Posts

Profile of Hoff Man
Jheff has a review on his site, Marketplace of The Mind.
http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/Questa.html

Steve
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1165 Posts

Profile of Hill
If you're considering buying this, you should first read JHEF's review. It's great.

You receive two things

1. A Black 'foliio', which in appearance is much like a filofax, but with many blank pages instead of dated pages.
2. A manuscript on Q&A.

The thing's you don't receive, are super easy and cheap to obtain.

In recent months, I have been accumulating a massive amount of information on approaches to Q&A. I have manuscripts, books, and 'out of the box/off the shelf' solutions. All make very respectable and marked contributions.

In my eyes, however, Docc has produced something wonderful here. The manuscript really is worth the money, and perhaps then some. I was very, very, confused by the instructions provided - there is one aspect that just isn't clear. But it will become clear very soon, and if it doesn't when you buy it - send me a pm.

This routine successfully brings together many different techniques involved in constructing a Q&A. It really is a treat. For me, I am planning to handle the routine a little differently, but it is definately the backbone of what I will be doing. Recommended.

Any further questions, please send me a pm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Info Wanted: Docc Hilford's "QuestA" (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL