The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Walking Thru a Steel plate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I am working on a new illusion, it is as follows:

Magician enters to center stage and announces: I learned magic when I was in the Joint! Prison, that was the best 3-5 years of my life, but once in awhile when I was bored I would leave the prison and go to town and visit some of the "Family".

It was difficult and I had to learn to pass thru solid objects, the bars on my cell were easy, it was the front gates that were hard (Solid steel plate with multitude of rivets is wheeled on stage)

Let me show you how I did it. As you can see, this is a solid steel panel.
It measures 7'x3' completely solid. I take this blanket from my cell and hold it in front of the panel while I step behind it.
I raise the blanket up to the top and lower it to about waist level and my arm is now sticking thru the steel. I raise it again and lower it and my upper body is now 1/2 way thru the steel panel. I raise the blanket and drop it to the floor revealing my entire body now in front of the steel panel.

I have worked on this for 6 months, there is no gaff, rig, or trap door. Any thoughts on a variant?

thanks,
Saydean
Fon
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
200 Posts

Profile of Fon
This sounds very interesting mate,

Could you use it to appear as well?

J
Always thinking..........?
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
No, it's a pure pass thru and to reverse it might show too much to too many. I will reveal one small thing about it ...It is not angle proof hence the 3/4 round curtain.
Saydean
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
It would be cool, if you find a way here's my # ***-**** Smile
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Well the only problem with this, it sounds cool and everything, but David Copperfield is doing an illusion where he passes through a steel plate on his tour right now - so it's not totally original - but then what in magic is? And hey, what if someone sees you doing the same thing as David Copperfield, that should make them think highly of your skill level as a magician . . .
Smile
Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Earth
121 Posts

Profile of Illusionist
The idea of passing through steel semi visable is cool. me and my assistants have delt with this Idea. we came up with walking through 1 foot solid concrete without being covered at all. but It is a very complex illusion and the best part is it has minimal angle restrictions.

Mmm... doughnut Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Walking Thru a Steel plate (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL