The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Last Pitched Battle on British Soil... (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

Following an email suggesting effects using tartan from Kai Abrell we at Black Artefacts have just released a new effect called 'Culloden' based on the Battle of Culloden in the Scottish Highlands on the 16th of April 1746.

It is a story telling effect that can be used for seance, close-up or small groups. You can check out the full details here.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
Proof that any bizarre effect can benefit from adding little plaid!

I seem to recall hearing a ghost story years ago about a cyclist who fell asleep one night near Culloden. He awoke in the middle of the night to see corpses piled high, and a woman making her way among the dead, cutting valuables -- rings, brooches, and the like -- right off the bodies.

Creepy stuff!

Rory
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Rory

The site of the battle is VERY atmospheric and dramatic.

How about the Highlander who had his legs smashed by cannon fire then lay in the freezing cold on the battlefield for 3 days having had his clothes stolen. He crawled to a bothy where he was found by Government troops. He was taken to Inverness Prison where he was kept for several months untill his broken legs healed. He was then transported as a slave to Canada.

He worked hard as a slave and impressed his 'owners' so much that they gave him his freedom. He then worked hard and saved enough money for his passage home. However he was a felon so he adopted a disguise as a woman and returned to his village and operated a local ferry over Loch Ness for several years.

A general pardon was granted and he 'came out' of his disguise and returned to being himself!

Hardy or what?

Now THAT would make a great film, or of course another story effect : )

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Rev.moonchild
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, Pa.
173 Posts

Profile of Rev.moonchild
The Black Hart dose it again . I like this efeect .I think I may have to place an order .It's been a little while.

Great work Keith

Frank Creyaufmiller
Follow the spirits of the wind and you will find your voice
<BR> Rev. Moonchild
<BR>
<BR>www.magicalelixer.com
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
I know this is a bit necromantic to digg up a thread from 2007,
but I am interested in the culloden props (effects or whatever the correct english term might be, I believe Mr Oslund explained a lot about the correct terminus).
The reason for me beeing interested in this ia, I am meeting a lot of Scotsmen every 3 month and this might be a nice thing to do on that evening.

Is there a review of this trick? Does anyone use it? Is it hard to learn?
The topic will be interesting for my scottish friends, I am sure, but will they LIKE the whole thing? I believe culloden was not such a positive thing in scottish history.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
It is simple to do, I use it and it is simple to learn. Smile It also comes with historical information about the battle itself.

This is an effect that is set in history with genuine facts and story. This battle set clan against clan but the real 'villan' of the piece was William, Duke of Cumberland, the commander of the Parlimentary forces.

BTW you may not know this but Black Artefacts is based in the Scottish Highlands about 50 miles north of Culloden and it goes down well here. Smile

Like all Black Artefacts effects it comes with a 90-day money back guarantee. If for any reason you do not wish to keep the effect you can return it for a full refund on the purchase price! I don't think that you will find any other magic dealer who will say that.

Regards

Keith Hart
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I did not know you were based in Scotland. My clan is from Nithsdale area of Dumfriesshire with two tartans one red and one blue.
You wouldn't know it looking at me ha!

I wonder if that clan one of your cards Smile

Additionally, you may wish to bring this effect to Canada as we were founded by you fine folk so no shortage of supporters Smile
Contact the Rings and stores I'm sure they would appreciate it.

I will mention it in ring 92 in Vancouver next time.

I think this would also work well with The Fallen.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Darkness

"I wonder if that clan one of your cards?"

It could be if you order it! It depends if they were at Culloden and if so which side they fought on. Smile

Seriously though I could make a special set of cards with your clan on one of them.

The dreadful Highland Clearances saw many poor souls evicted from their lands and many of them went to Canada.

Regards

Keith Hart
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Let me find out, my aunt is a genealogist and has researched it, me not so much. We are always fighting, so I'm sure we were there.

ha! kidding...
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Yes, that was one of the problems, the clans were always fighting... each-other! Smile

Keith Hart
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Here's a little true story on that that you may find amusing, being originally from Glasgow myself.

In 1972, another guy and myself were posted to an R.A.F. camp in England.

Whilst there, we went to a bar for a drink, where we met a nice local guy with whom we shared stories.

Returning from the toilet, I noticed my friend was heading fast out the door.
When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that our new found friend's name was McDonald - and his was Campbell !!!
He was scared stiff ! Absolutely true story !
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
I can well believe it.

My mother-in-law was a MacDonald and she wouldn't even have Campbells Soup in the house! Smile

Keith Hart
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
My material Great grandmother was a MacDonald. And my grandmother still doesn't like anyone with the name Campbell.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
My family just visited Culloden last summer!
Clan McNeill.
It is a heavy experience and I had kids along.
My daughter 12 was making her videos...
My 4 year son old took this away from the experience Smile

By the way the museum presentations at Culloden are state of the art and marvelous.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Awesome thanks for sharing, cute..
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Ok. That does sound like this could be the right thing for a scottish "Harmony".
:) As soon as my situation allows I will order this Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
One of my Kincaid ancestors wove tartans in Stirling at that time. I have one of them, though I have no idea what to do with it.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
I need one Smile
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
"One of my Kincaid ancestors wove tartans in Stirling at that time. I have one of them, though I have no idea what to do with it."

What the ancestor or the tartan? Smile

Keith Hart
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Smile
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Last Pitched Battle on British Soil... (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL