The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Marc Oberon any named card in wallet? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 17:27, ragingcalm wrote:
I take it, it doesn't involve a C*** I***x?

No it is being cleverer that that thing. It is much cleaner than fumbling in a c*** I****. I am not saying what it is though. That is the big, clever secret.

It is 100x better then kollostomy killer too because it is the card they said. Not off by one, or not being able to say aces.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi JUAN KING . I see you've mentioned BANG ON and KOLLOSTOMY KILLERS have you tried CONTRACEPTION cap in bottle aka CAP TRAP it's excellent.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
When will Bang on be avaliable ? also where can you buy it ?
Thanks,
Tops
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 17:41, gjmagic wrote:
I watched Chris Williams fry a shop load of tourist today

Chris is always frying some people. Maybes he should be getting a job in a fishes and chips shop. Ha ha.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
HI

Has anyone actually purchased this yet, if so could we have a review please.

Paul
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ok, review for Bang on!

First off, let me say 'I' think it is awesome and a really workable effect. However, without tipping the method, it is one of those things you are either going to love, or hate. The method runs exactly as the effect describes. Someone name ANY card, and you pull out a wallet, inside which the spectator can clealy see one envelope, and you tip out of that envelope their named card. It really is ANY card, so gets rid of limitations.
You receive a very professional looking package, inside which are your props which are made of the highest quality. I honestly didn't expect them to be so good (Not in a derogative way). It will take you about 10 minutes to set up, and you are set for life. I took a little longer on mine because I am sad like that and wanted to make it absolutely perfect.
You will be performing this moments after setting it up. As mentioned before, it uses pocket spaces. For me, this isn't a problem. If you find taking up two pocket spaces, then this probably isn't for you, but I will tell you that you are passing up on an awesome effect. It takes about 2-3 seconds from when the card is named, to have it out of the envelope and show it.
The DVD is a homemade DVD, with just Mark and his cameraman. Mark explains all details you need to know on set up, and handling. He also teaches other effects on teh DVD possible with this, such as Bang on yours, when with no questions asked, you reveal to the spectator the card they are thinking of and pull it out of your wallet, and also they THINK of a card, run through a deck of cards, to find it isn't there, as it is in your wallet.
The price tag will be high for some, but I think it is well worth it IF you use it. I feel if you are going to use the effect, it shouldn't matter how much you spend (I really need to re-think my logic I think!!! So my credit cards tell me atleast!!!)
I feel as with most effects you will see a lot of these go up for sale on second hand pages etc, but as brand new. Why? Because people will not like the method or not like the fact 2 pocket spaces are used. For me, this isn't a problem, so I love the effect. If you buy this based partly on this review and don't like it...don't blame me. What works for me may not work for you, however I think people who don't like it haven't tried it out as they don't realise how strong this actually is.
All in all, a sensational effect and I can see why Marc sold out at the worlds largest magic convention (Blackpool). I even fooled Magicians with this when I showed them, and they were in the know of Kollosal Killer, so the two shouldn't even be compared. This is in a different league to Kollosal Killer in my opinion. I have used KK for many successful years, but am now changing over to just Bang on. Some will prefer KK, because it either uses one wallet, or their own wallet etc, but the spectator won't remember that in Bang on, you pull out the wallet AFTER they name the card. As I keep saying, you will either love or hate it, and I love it.

Effect 10/10
Method 8/10 (Simply because 2 pockets are used, but I am fine with that)
Props 9/10
Instructional DVD 8/10
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
wizzzzard
View Profile
New user
Poland
73 Posts

Profile of wizzzzard
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Quote:
It will take you about 10 minutes to set up, and you are set for life. I took a little longer on mine because I am sad like that and wanted to make it absolutely perfect.

What exactly needs to be made up, or does that partially tip the method? Are you talking about the envelopes?

Thanks for your help.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I think you review is Bang on Christopher!.They usually are except for the dreadful 'Symbiose'.
Mark Powell,it's the envelopes!
Considering the price that I paid for the original Kollosel Killer this is pretty
good.If you try this you will not want to go back to telling people that you were
'Off by one'..
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
I have a question, and I hope that no one thinks that I am being disrespectful to the great thinking of Marc Oberon, as I do really love his thinking.

However…

From a layperson’s perspective does this effect play any stronger than an Invisible/Brainwave Deck?

I ask because with the ID/BD the deck could be on view throughout the entire effect. I suspect (and I may be wrong) that this may not be true with Marc’s effect.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Seriously, does the demos show all that there is to see??? The card is really named first time just 5s before wallet is taken out? This just looks too good to be true.

I am currently doing Gary kurtz version of any named card in envelope from his 2nd london lecture, that is based on workings of Alan Saxon trick and Ted Lesley has some workings on it too, but it takes hell a lot of space and it seems that this thing can do same thing but with so much faster and easier, unless, its again video that is edited out as usual...

About the reactions, I at least get even better reactions with Kurtz version that I ever got with ID, BWD or Kolossal killer or such... I have tryed most of em and my opinion is that you can keep the basic invisible deck presentation and jokes but in the end there should be just 1 card visible and not a full deck, especially when working on stage or palour.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Korthhihai, I got to disagree with you. The ID gets absolutely knock out reactions every time I do it. I guess it really depends on how you present it (sounds cliche huh?) I use Bill Malone's version on stage...this version makes sense, is funny, and gets a reaction worthy of a closer. I don't really see the appeal of a card coming from an envelope inside your jacket. From a spectator's point of view the magician has lots of places to hide muliple wallets/envelopes on his body. While this is not the solution really, spectators do think that (I know from experience). The ID being out in the open from the beginning DOES make a difference in my acts.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-03-08 08:24, Markymark wrote:
I think you review is Bang on Christopher!.They usually are except for the dreadful 'Symbiose'.
Mark Powell,it's the envelopes!
Considering the price that I paid for the original Kollosel Killer this is pretty
good.If you try this you will not want to go back to telling people that you were
'Off by one'..

Thanks! As for Symbiose, it was a new principle to me, and as I find with any purchase, if you learn one new thing, then it is worth it. However, I agree I was wrong in a lot of what I said, but all is lost and fogotten now!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Korttihai_82 that's correct. their is absolutely no editing in the demo. what you see is how the trick is performed.

Bananafish my personal opinion is that you cannot compare Bang on with the ID or BD. The reason I say this is that with the BD and ID I believe some kind of story needs to be used with these effects. Even if it s a quick 1 minute tell. However with Bang on its enough to use as an opener to a set and just go straight for a reveal, but if you did the ID or BD as an opener, by just saying to the spectator I have a card in the deck that’s faced the wrong way round, they name it and reveal it, I don’t see this working for me, but with Bang on you can do exactly that. I hope I put across what I'm trying to say.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I didn't say invisible deck wont get good reactions but there is a huge different in the effect on named card just turning over in the deck of cards or named card found inside envelope, or like in this case inside a wallet, that can be even in full view all the time at least on my part. The Kurtz version is the only one that really has got standing ovation for me and in scandinavia, they are rare as h..l.

The thing with invisible deck is that many spectators will just settle on the idea that you simply turned the card over with sleight of hand. It doesn't matter how cleanly you do it, there allways were some of those people in audience, especially on stage that think that. You have 52 cards at your hands after all and considering all the other card tricks you made, it really doesn't take a nuclear physician to think that card can be turned over rather easily. That is just my experience.

I don't believe people can as easily think magicians has many outs. Yes, they can perhaps think of you might have few outs but 52?!?!? No way.. Especially cos you can easily make a point that the card is at your wallet or envelope way before naming progress starts. So you have 52 wallets on you? No one will think of that... 52 envelopes with cards inside... yeah, right... And it takes 3 seconds to take the right one out and there isn't other envelopes visible at wallet or envelope. If you have spectators assuming you have multiple outs under those conditions your performance of the effect has something wrong.

I do use invisible deck still on close-up where it can be done close enough and clearly enough so most people dismiss the option of sleight of hand but on stage my experience still is that 1 named card out from envelope or wallet gets far greater reactions that invisible deck, brainwave or kolossal killer can ever get and I have done em all on paid shows dozens and dozens of times.

I am interested on bang on cos the Kurtz version flaw is the space it takes up. It is purely a stand up item and it cant be used on close-up and it pretty much requires briefcase. Bang on just seems to be able to do the same but being more workable method. I will propaply buy one as soon as my local dealer gets em.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I've seen this effect live twice in Blackpool and I can assure you that there is no editing in the demo !!
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
It has been up on the Hocus Pocus site since this morning and I am told it will be arriving in a few days. This looks terrific!
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
There is one presently on eBay now. It is very good.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Why is it on the Hocus-Pocus web site if it is not available yet?
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks for a great review Christopher Williams.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Marc Oberon any named card in wallet? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL