The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Jay Marshall Collection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
The Jay Marshal Magic Collection is being sold right now online at EBay if anyone wants to watch or bid
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Part of the collection I think, not the entirety...

but yes I sat and watched.. and bidded.. but the items were going for far more than the estimates, and to be honest far more than I wanted(could!) spend!!!

I fancied the THE VERNON CHRONICLES 4 Vols Ltd Edition which was signed by Dai, and was limited to 4 copies... $1,300 + 20% fee, a complete set of MAHATMA MAGIC MAGAZINES went for $2,800 + 20%, RICKY JAYS CARDS AS WEAPONS also signed which I had my eye on went for a staggering $850!!

The Houdini lots went for a high price as well, the HOUDINI KING OF CARDS POSTER c1898 poster fetching a massive $11,000 plus fees and the UNMASKING OF ROBERT-HOUDIN Houdini SIGNED w/Photos fetched $6,200+fees

It was a pitty the ebay auction didn't have sound or video (most of the live auctions on there do..) which kind of took some of the excitement away from not being there..

otherwise a great auction of some very nice stuff!!!
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I got The Vernon Chronicles and the Rings. Went a little higher than I wanted to. Can't wait to see them.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I didn't get what I want, that's OK.
I don't know who won it, but most likey
they don't know the story behind it.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Its good to know the story behind any collection. The story is what makes the collection valuable and meaningful. For every piece of collection I get, I'll try to get the story behind that item from the seller and then log it down in my collection journal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Jay Marshall Collection (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL