The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » "Fraud" by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
One thing the video seemed a bit confusing on- if you use a specs bill, does it have to "match" or do they just not seem to notice if it does not?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
It is so quick no one thinks a thing and they aren't really looking at their bill too closely because they know its theirs
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 23:54, KurtK wrote:
I agree with Joshua. Sometimes even tho I really try to "sell it" I get no reaction from the specs because its just really unbelieveable. Tho when you find the right audience its one of the BEST.

I've performed this a while and gotten stunned reactions.

When they don't react (that you can see), perhaps they are so stunned that they are reacting on the INSIDE, but they are to nonplussed to show it on the outside? "Frozen in astonishment", if I may coin a phrase?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Yep I usually take it as a postitive reaction because they have no idea what to think.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I performed fraud today at a restaurant for my waitress and she flipped out! She was the spectator Ive been looking for. Wow that was a real hit.
phatus
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of phatus
I like the "flip out" too, but I honestly much prefer watching someones brain silently implode. It seems awkward both standing there in silence but If you are twisted like me and see the world as one big reality TV show, you get quite the chuckle on the inside when they do that. That is why I like this trick so much. It produces more of the silent "what the.." reactions than any other trick I perform.
Ian Davis12
View Profile
New user
U.S.
17 Posts

Profile of Ian Davis12
I normally get the silent stare when I do Fraud which I can understand why I get it because when magicians do tricks for me (which I get to see a lot of tricks from magicians because I'm 12 and they like doing magic for children) I don't really know how to respond so I just stay quiet and stare.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Well a few weeks ago when I was at Twin Cities Magic and Costume...Jim (At least I think it was Jim) told me about a guy lecturing who said there was such a thing as "too perfect" and that some tricks were just beyond belief causing the spec to resort to thinking you gaffed it somehow. It was interesting to hear. He mentioned it when I talked about Fraud and Slam being hard to believe.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Delete this thread now!

NOW !!!!
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
OR BUY IT LIKE EVERYBODY HAS ! AND IF YOU KNOW HOW IT IS DONE THEN DON'T !
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It can be performed a few times using the same bill.
stepp6670
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of stepp6670
Can someone tell me where to get the adhesive? I can't find it anywhere. I have done the trick a couple times just using whatever I think will work. I work as a flair bartender and everyone loves it. Just having a hard time finding the right adhesive. Please email me, thank you. joey_stepp@yahoo.com
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Shame with can't do this with our UK notes?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If the material is right, I bet it can be done with UK notes.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I'm just thinking the design on the notes are different.
Maybe I should get this?
Does anyone do this with UK notes?
Cheers,
matt
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
So, does it work with UK notes, before I waste my money...........anyone?
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Matt,

Let me first say that I've never tried Fraud with anything other than US dollars. However, knowing how the effect works, I think it would be very difficult to do with UK currency.

Hope this helps,

Mario
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I've done it a couple of times--but setup takes forever and my fingers are sore from pre-work. And it may be my equipment, but the reveal doesn't look like the real thing.

Oh well--this effect is cool though.
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
This is the effect that got me into magic, and after all I have learned and studied, it still stands as my favorite. In my opinion its one of those effects where knowing the secret only amplifies the coolness of the effect.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Put the shades on George (Fraud bill), then start with UV Nightshades, and segue into this..A very convincing set of bill effects...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » "Fraud" by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL