The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » Length of Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marcin_pm
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of marcin_pm
Hey,

I've never seen acts and stuff, but I'm dedicated to making it to a competition.
How long are acts, usually? How long are the DVDs you send in? How long are acts you've particularly enjoyed?

The SAM and IBM ask for three DVDs. Are they asking for three DVDs of different stuff, or three DVDs of the same thing?

Thank You.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
The required length of an act at a convention is 8 to 10 minutes; anything under or over that can result in disqualification or significant loss of points. As far as DVDs are concerned, I would assume that they want three of the same ones (different members of the contest committee and all).
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
Each contest tends to have a different time, so be sure to check with each individual contest. The DVDs should only contain your competition act. Hope this helps.
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
PCAM requirements are 5-8 minutes.
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Different competitions have different time scales required.
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
Hello,

The $10,000.00 US prize is a 4 week tour throughout New Zealand with the World Festival of Magic.

We have had the pleasure of featuring such acts as Mr. Electric, Ricki Dunn, Bruce Gold, Chipper Lowell, Todd Charles, Dimmare, Byrne, Shimada, Christopher Hart, Chuck Jones, T.C Tahoe and many others.

So it will be with great pleasure to have one of the winners on the 2009 tour.

The contract also includes airfares, excess baggage, Visas, accommodation, transfers, etc.

Good luck to all,

gene mccarthy

http://www.festivalofmagic.com
Pat Perry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pat Perry
At FISM it's 10 Minutes

FISM Time Rules:
At the front of the stage will be two electric lamps, one yellow and one red. After nine minutes of a performance, the yellow lamp will be switched on. After the tenth minute, the red lamp will be switched on, showing the contestant that he or she is over time and therefore disqualified. A contestant will also be disqualified in case of a flashing red lamp
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Competitions I have entered are between 8-12 minutes, which is reasonably vague. However, I would always recommend aiming for the lower time (EG 8-9 minutes). There is such a thing as TOO MUCH MAGIC especially in a competition where the judges have to sit through an hrs worth!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » Length of Act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL