The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Chop Cup For Kids? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I will stand behind danny
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2018, rmendez wrote:
Https://practical-magic.com/products/play-chop

Interesting. I’ve been doing a Cup and Ball routine with a Play Doh Cup
for about a year now. However, nothing is gimmicked. I use two play doh balls
and a big one for a final load. I use standard Cup and ball moves and it has been “kiddified
for ages 3 and up. I also have a couple of bits that use the natural properties
of the play doh.

Woodfield
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Woodfield wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2018, rmendez wrote:
Https://practical-magic.com/products/play-chop

Interesting. I’ve been doing a Cup and Ball routine with a Play Doh Cup
for about a year now. However, nothing is gimmicked. I use two play doh balls
and a big one for a final load. I use standard Cup and ball moves and it has been “kiddified
for ages 3 and up. I also have a couple of bits that use the natural properties
of the play doh.

Woodfield

Woodfield--you're a man of my thinking. No fancy stuff, just pure fun. Using play doh balls is very creative and clever thinking. I'm not a skillful person so I've to try to be creative in putting my tricks together to catch the children's attention.
Tricky Ricky
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2007, Danny Hustle wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 12:58, Richard Lyn wrote:
The reason for the post is, I have a routine for the little ones that have them in stitches--laughing, pointing and shouting. I'd say about 5 minutes of riot.
Most of the presentation is quite different from the usual.
A day care call to book if I will do the the trick with the brass cup and red balls.
Richard (Tricky Ricky)

Richard,

When is your book or video on entertaining children coming out? Let me know because I want to be first in line to buy it!

All the best,

Dan-

I've been waiting with bated breath for several years now to see Tricky Ricky's book or video. I hope he does release one or the other one day. I do a one cup routine (not actually a chop cup routine) using a large metal mug and sponge ball. I use it when performing close-up for slightly older kids--more like ages 6-9--not really daycare age. I would love to hear more about Tricky Ricky's routine too.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
At 1:45 of this video Doug Henning does a Chop Cup routine for two kids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06O46DjlvzQ

(I believe Doug used Larry Jennings's routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzWxZBG14V8)

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
That's a very magical routine and I'm glad you shared it. A great routine for adults. I don't, however, think it would get much of a reaction at a birthday party composed mainly of 5 and 6 year olds (9-year olds and older, maybe yes). I think the kids would be restless. The presentation is lacking the key elements that engage younger children--lots of interaction, participation, silliness and children's comedy. To me, it demonstrates the challenge of adapting chop cup--and manipulative magic-- for younger children. Which is why I'd love to see how Tricky Ricky addresses the challenge, which I'm sure he does very successfully, judging from other material I've seen him perform in YouTube clips.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
I have used Larry Jennings chop cup routine for 30 years. For all ages...Kids love it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Chop Cup For Kids? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL