The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Electric chair (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Hi
I want build my own electric chair is anyone here who has done it rightnow ?
any suggestions ?

Many thanks
Andrew
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Electric chair as in one that shocks the spectator?

This horse has been beaten to death numerous times, but how would you feel when enjoying a nice evening watching a show, someone zaps you? Its not a good spot to put your spectator in. Potentially dangerous, too.
Sent from my Typewriter
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
This is why I want build one myself ...so are there some plans or something ?

thanks

Andrew
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
I mean I want to build one myself with a eschock with minimal power so the spectator will not become angry with me it should be more fell like a touch
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
Minderex,
I share you interest in building an electric chair and would be willing to pay for plans on how to build one. I want to construct this as a joke to play on my friends. I've shocked them with lighters, pens, bottle openers, staplers, and even a computer mouse and now they are so suspicious they won't take anything I give them. I need a new way to shock them!!!

Regarding using one in a performance, I saw Kozak use one of these in a performance in a comedy club more than a decade ago, and it was hilarious. To each his own...
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Electric chair is a very good show, I did many times....

CC
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Buy the book 'zapped' and learn the 'real' secret about the electric chairs (without hurting the spectator)
available here:
http://www.nnmagic.com/books/zapped.htm
As used by Paul Daniels, the late Ricky Dunn and many other professional magicians
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
Thanks El Rafael for your information. I'm certain that I am looking to build an actual remote control shocking chair as a joke item - not in my show (please see my previous posting in this thread).

In a performance, I believe the "Zapped" method is probably better. As a joke, I pretty much want to shock the be-jesus out of them.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
There is a set of plans on ebay now called "BRILL CARNIVAL SIDESHOW PLAN - THE ELECTRIC CHAIR " starting bid is 4.50 and ends tomorrow
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
In a side note, I was a side show performer in the sixties, did all working acts, including the electric chair, we didn't put a spectator in the chair, we touched it with electric bulbs, and lit them, lit a torch from tht seat etc, then one of the performers would take a seat, and hold a florescent tube in hand and lite it light a torch by touching it with a fingertip......... we presented it as a real electric chair, a bizarrest act
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
It is a completely different set up. The electric chair that minder x is talking about is a shock chair (Much like the shocking lighters and such that are available), wheras the sideshow electric chair is actually a small tesla coil, violet wand or something similar. The brill plans (Which are pretty cool) are for the sideshow version. I have one of those myself (Well, a variant of one) and we also do the light bulbs and torch lighting.
I would not want to use one of those to directly shock a spectator. Way too much juice.
Gwyd
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
There are many joke items (pens, hand helds, calcalators, and even a game) you can buy from spencer's that actually shock. maybe you can buy one and dissect it, or just work it into the chair somehow.

s
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
Thanks for the input Sponge. I've thought about taking apart one of my joke shocking devices and experimenting with it, but it seems that the chair is a bit more complicate as the area of the shock has to cover most of the seat of the chair - which is wood. Someone once told me that it uses some type of ignitor from a gas stove that I've not been able to find. That's about as far as I've gotten.
Magic Rob
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
What if the seat of the chair was made of wooden slats. these slats had several nails/screws flush with the seat. the metal heads could then conduct the shock?? ah, just use a metal folding chair. Smile
that's all I got, have fun.

s
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
I have used it many but many times,mine is reinfoced. I will tel you this there are also pillows now that are available and vibrating chairs as well.forgive me friend but I don't want to elaborate to the makings. If you need more help in finding them let me know,or browse forum.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
THE ELECTRIC CHAIR COMEDY MAGIC TRICK, is on ebay and seems to be a pretty good trick. you can check it out on ebay or contact Bob Shelley at "bobshelley@bobshelley.com"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Electric chair (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL