The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dark Vision - neither paper nor plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
No, this isn't a review - just an announcement. Jim Sisti dropped me a line earlier today that he and Richard Osterlind have done their usual outstanding work (Jim didn't say this, but I do) with the release of Dark Vision. The description is at http://osterlindstore.com/catalog/produc......ts_id/79 but, very much abridged, it's an opaque hood which cannot be seen through unless you study Osterlind's instructions and performance advice. Sight unseen (I had to say that) I know that the real meat of this is going to be in the book or booklet which comes with the hood.

It can be used by itself, or with the Stainless Steel Blindfold. Madness indeed!

They promise a dynamic blindfold drive is possible -- but of course, the "dynamic" part will be up to you. And, of course, the gold in that little book.

Yeah, this is on my Christmas wish list. Hope my grandkids are reading this!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
It sounds really good. I suspect that this will open up new doors for people.
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
I'm a huge fan of all Richards work and have purchased everything he has ever made, books, props, DVD’s even the Center tear paper, I was quite excited at being able to buy a hood to wear with the Stainless Steel Blindfold, however I have to say I was very disappointed in this hood, it is not examinable unless you follow the instructions and make the person close their eyes first and you place the hood on their heads, with a little slight alteration this could have been perfect and examinable, but it’s not.

For the first time ever, I'll be reselling an Osterlind item on eBay soon.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2008-04-10 21:35, mindcontroller wrote:

...unless you follow the instructions...

(Chet shakes his head in bafflement.)

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Mindcontroller:

Having the spectator close their eyes when putting on the hood was a suggestion, but certainly not mandatory.

Richard
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
I agree with Richard. When properly done, you can put the hood over a spectator's head WITHOUT asking him to close his eyes first--and he will never see any light. I've done it in my shows and the volunteer swore he saw TOTAL DARKNESS while inside the hood.
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dark Vision - neither paper nor plastic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL