The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Time travel (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I just thought of one;

There was a Loony Toons short called "Duck Amuck."

For copyright purposes, this is only PART of it;

I would LOVE to go back to 1953 and watch this cartoon the first time it was shown. Not to watch the cartoon, but to watch the audience as they see this thing that demolishes the fourth wall for the first time.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be fair I'm not sure if the 4th wall is demolished at all. That wall exists between the audience and the show. While he does talk to the animator in this part it is not the audience he addresses, at least in this clip.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26797 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There was a guy who performed with a cartoon. It was part of his touring show.
https://blog.animationstudies.org/?p=2695

*Update: there's a still of a reenactment on this site: https://domitor.org/news-and-events/3216/
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
To be fair I'm not sure if the 4th wall is demolished at all. That wall exists between the audience and the show. While he does talk to the animator in this part it is not the audience he addresses, at least in this clip.

That's a point. The animator is the only one who talks directly to us.
However, the cartoon DOES demolish your sense of reality.
They remade it with Bugs being tormented by an unseen animator... it didn't works as well, the gags were too telegraphed and Bugs doesn't work so much as the put upon one. (Although the cartoon with him against a gremlin was epic.)
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Doesn't Bugs turn out to be the animator in this one?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Doesn't Bugs turn out to be the animator in this one?

Didn’t want to give spoilers in case someone hadn’t seen it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Time travel (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL