The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Given the level of interest in this effect, all purchasers of my Natural Lottery effect will now receive a couple of the previously unreleased ideas by Bill Herz and myself which enable you to show the printed ticket to the audience and to hand it to a genuine spectator as a souvenir.

Previous purchasers of Natural Lottery should contact the appropriate dealer to obtain a free update.

Best,

Anthony Owen
facebook.com/anthony.owen1
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen exclusive products at TVMagic.co.uk
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Isn't it magical to see how the microphone appears at the end of the clip? Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Jan,

That clip is 2 years old...monkey turned to man & on it goes...

Nathan
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Nathan,
you think the microphone is grown up meanwhile?
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
No the microphone no longer has a job...

Nathan
Christophercarter
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Christophercarter
I don't know how often I'll have to say this, but it's true. Nate can and does do this effect solo. He does it in his regular college show many times. He did the effect twice at my dining room table. It was done by David Blaine on his recent special. If the microphone ever was important, it is most certainly not important anymore.

What does the effect look like in performance? Just like it should. People offer up numbers, nothing is written down, the ticket is in his wallet. No stooges. No backstage assistants. I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told he can now have a spectator remove his (nate's) wallet and take out the ticket without nate ever even seeming to have gone near it. Knowing what I know about the effect, that seems entirely possible.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
So nates is never going to be reasled right?
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
A better trick would be to get the spectator to swallow that d** gum.
Yellowjacket
View Profile
Regular user
Wisconsin
159 Posts

Profile of Yellowjacket
Thomas,

Bad form here. Even if this is what he uses . . most here have no real idea how it is done and many do not even perform. Now you have just given the arm chair mentalists more knowledge to bash a performer that shows he is working for live audiences with a full show. Which is much, much, much more than most of the pompous people here in these forum can say.

It surprises me that so many of the 'mentalists' here can easily and quickly bash any real performance that shows up on You Tube, yet they never seem to have a performance that we can look at. Not to mention most of them don't even have a website . . . but they will be the first to tell you how amazing they are.

Oh . . and how many E-books they have to sell.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 10:13, Yellowjacket wrote:
Thomas,

Bad form here. Even if this is what he uses . . most here have no real idea how it is done and many do not even perform. Now you have just given the arm chair mentalists more knowledge to bash a performer that shows he is working for live audiences with a full show. Which is much, much, much more than most of the pompous people here in these forum can say.

It surprises me that so many of the 'mentalists' here can easily and quickly bash any real performance that shows up on You Tube, yet they never seem to have a performance that we can look at. Not to mention most of them don't even have a website . . . but they will be the first to tell you how amazing they are.

Oh . . and how many E-books they have to sell.

I agree with you almost in total.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On 2008-09-25 02:31, Anthony Owen wrote:
Hello Magic Café,

I have followed this discussion as a lurker with some interest and - given that I suspect the level of interest in this effect is about to increase - I thought I would take the plunge and share some information about this effect.

As others have already noted, the effect is that of my Natural Lottery trick, which I devised in 2000 and first published in my 2003 book Some Tricks (recently reprinted by TVMagic.co.uk). I also performed and explained it in my lectures last year at MAGIC Live! and the International Magic Convention. (By the way you may be interested to know that the latter lecture will shortly be released on DVD.)

For the record, at the same time that I created Natural Lottery I also devised several handlings which would enable the spectator to be handed the printed lottery ticket as a souvenir. These handlings I have shared with a small number of my friends in the years since. Also at MAGIC Live Bill Herz shared with me an excellent idea which enables a very practical self contained improvement upon my Natural Lottery handling. At some point in the future I may release these ideas, possibly in the book of my published and unpublished material which I’m currently writing and compiling with Stephen Minch’s Hermetic Press.

I’ll be off now. Bye bye Magic Café.

Anthony Owen
Printed not hand written?
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Yes, printed. A real genuine lottery ticket.

Best,

Anthony Owen
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
To clarify upon my previous point, I'm referring to the new handlings which accompany the Natural Lottery props and not the versions in my book Some Tricks and on my new Lecture DVD, on which I understand the Staniforth/Blaine versions were based.

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
I thought you might be interested to know that the dealer who has the exclusive license from me to sell my Natural Lottery effect along with all the necessary props has received an excellent suggested improvement from Michael Weber. Michael has kindly granted his permission for this improvement to be issued as a free bonus to all future purchasers. Previous purchasers should contact the dealer in question to receive a free update.

Best,

Anthony Owen
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
I thought that folk here might be interested to know that there's a trailer for my new lecture DVD including footage from my performances of Natural Lottery, Number at Card, Holey **** and Ultimate Oil and Water which you can view here:

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......a1a4f1ca
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Quote:
On 2008-01-30 01:56, ThomasBerger wrote:
To me there are 2 issues here-

performance
method

I would say the performance was not good.
This is a beginner, or a young performer.
There is not a lot of performance experience or
theory in this. No idea on building suspense or drama.

The effect is great.
But man, look at the hardware on the belt,
It doesn't take Einstein to see what is going on.

Think how you would do it, then
google in the word "portable."

My 2 cents.
Cheers.
Tom

It's amazing how differently we all see things. I thought his performance was brilliant and the suspense building with each number being called (for a reason unnamed, leaving us to wonder "why"? "what is coming"?) is the essence of drama. I like nuance better than boisterousness. I tend to prefer performers that buck the norms rather than conform. I'd buy this guy a beer to pick his brain for sure.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2009-07-11 08:30, Anthony Owen wrote:
I thought that folk here might be interested to know that there's a trailer for my new lecture DVD including footage from my performances of Natural Lottery, Number at Card, Holey **** and Ultimate Oil and Water which you can view here:

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......a1a4f1ca

Dear Anthony,
Does the DVD also covers the printing lotto version?

Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Hi Titanas,

No, those additional handlings are not explained on the lecture DVD. They are only available to those purchasing the Natural Lottery props from the dealer who has the exclusive license to the effect from me.

Best,

Anthony Owen
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Any link Anthony?
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Here is the requested link to Natural Lottery props:

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......d57468ff
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Confabulation Lottery Video Clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL