The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tricks And Stunts With Animal Traps (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You don't have the routine...I would send it to you but you don't have your eMail in your profile on the Café.

I don't give specific exact instructions for springing the trap in the Routine...I leave that to Abbott's which provides proper instructions with the Traps.

From the Routine:

"You do this effect at your own risk! If you use other than the Abbotts Daring Spring Trap PLEASE wrap a towel around your hand at least the first time to make sure it is not too strong a closing. Even with the Abbotts trap you will want to do this so you can prove it to your self that it's ok. These traps of any brand CAN hurt you or others if not used properly! Abbotts provides PROPER instructions. Note keep away from the kids, especially when set!"

This is a prop that has been marketed by Abbott's for decades...if there was a real problem, it would have shown up by now me thinks.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Doug,

Always a great help on the Café. Perhaps starting with a large mouse trap first:)
Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Getting to know's ones trap. A skill like anything else. Eat with it, sleep with it (unset) experiment with it. Think Im going to start with one and work through my phobias.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
NO! Unless you do Curtis Kam's great trick. Scary!
Get me your eMail address.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
sapolice@aol.com

LOL Curtis Kam::)
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
You don't want to be sticking your hand in a mouse or rat trap!!!

Although I have to admit, the Kurtis Cam trick is great!

Used it for the first time this week, its the only card trick I do Smile

R
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
LOL, R,

I ordered one from Abbotts just now....oh yeah they take paypal now.

Can't wait to get this (I think).
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ronjo already sold out of the traps!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sold out for weeks.
You have to realize before the 'routine' appeared these things were very sporadic and only a few were kept on the shelves...sometimes for months. This is sort of a mini-phenom proud to say.

But Abbott's keeps getting them in weekly...get on the list.

You got One? Putting but a toe in the water? Don't put it in the trap though. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
LOL, yeah I got one acoming from Abbotts, starting small for now til Grasshopper can conquer his fear;) Jeff over at Abbotts very helpful. No pinkys in the trap either, now who told me it was for the little finger?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Finally updated my email preferences:)
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Rehearsal photos from The Perilous Garden are up. Performance photos and links to press coverage are coming soon.

I would like to publicly thank Harley Newman for training, encouragement, and some very fine thinking as I was planning this.

Yours,

Paul
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
So many little details add up to such a delicious thing. Good going!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Here's an update on The Perilous Garden. More photos coming soon!

Yours,

Paul
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Looks like you made quite a stir Paul! I can't even imagine the horror of falling down to a knee while performing a stunt like that, and having the last trap on the course snap closed on the cuff of your pants?!?
Bloody brilliant! Well done!
Gwyd
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dear Gwyd,

Thank you for your kind words!

The horror is all on the part of the audience on this one. The performer must concentrate on his actions, and cannot afford the indulgence of horror, a kind of reflective emotion that requires a passive state.

The crowd makes wonderful sounds during this. There are no words, but the animal sounds emerge. I am sure, given the nature of your performances, that you know what I mean. One hears the little vocalizations that accompany the sharp intake of breath, the odd little sighs that are made when a bare foot barely clears a trap and lands on solid ground, kind of like the sound of involuntary exhalation when a person is hit in the belly.

Of course, when the trap at the end leaps into action and grabs the pantleg, many of them let out little screams, and some of them manage, "Oh my God!"

Yours,

Paul
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
They worship you, as they should.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Congrats Paul!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
A brief account and photo of The Perilous Garden appeared in the July 2006 issue of The Linking Ring.

Yours,

Paul
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Who's the silly looking Undertaker? What did you let him hog the shots for?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tricks And Stunts With Animal Traps (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL