We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Lassen utility swiss jewel bearing reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mithrandir
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island N.Y.
111 Posts

Profile of Mithrandir
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have this and what is the difference between Lassen's ($340) and a way more affordable one? If you what to see Lassen,s just Google Todd Lassen coin gaffs and click on new items.
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
I just asked him about this (since I don't know much about reels) and he emphasized its strength and the ease in cleaning/repairing/replacing parts. If I understood correctly, this hasn't been mass released yet, but he is working on the DVD explaining how to take it apart/repair it and it will be released very soon. I think I'm going to grab one - seems like a powerful tool.

Good luck finding the right one for you.
Mithrandir
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island N.Y.
111 Posts

Profile of Mithrandir
If you do get one please let me know what you think of it, I would love to hear more about it.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Take a look at Todd's blog. You will see it in action.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
A thing of incredible beauty! I have no experience with other reels, but this thing is just incredible. The action is super smooth and the adjustment is a piece of cake - you can accomplish this from the outside of the reel. There is a dvd that goes into great detail on how to assemble the reel and repair it in case anything should go wrong. There are a couple of attachments, and you could fabricate more if you are handy and have a special need. There are no routines, so you will be on your own in that regard. While it is expensive, I can't imagine any other reel even coming close to this one in form or function. 10 out of 10!

Bill
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
I saw Todd Lassen released the utility reel recently, can anyone told me where can I find materials (books or DVD) regarding the use of utility reel?
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1010 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Agreed with Bill. Broke the thread and fixing it was easy and quick. Beautiful craftsmanship throughout and stamped clearly with the Lassen name for authencity. Believe Todd released 39 for sale and the impression I got on his blog is that he has no intention of releasing anymore in the future.

The small magnet attachment should be handy in vanishing steel shinned or magnetic coins (his UWC, for example...the insert coins have steel cores)
mh1001
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of mh1001
What is the dimension of Lassen's reel ? Maybe I will buy one in the future, since it's so expensive, but I'm very intrigued by this utility.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20031 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Is it a locking reel, with a locking device on the outside so it can be in the extended position?
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
P.Jane
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of P.Jane
Todd Lassen's reel is brillant
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
873 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2017, P.Jane wrote:
Todd Lassen's reel is brillant

I sent you a PM. Please check your messages.
Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Lassen utility swiss jewel bearing reel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL