The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » For me this is the best...Please read and help me!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vanesmagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of vanesmagic
I’m looking for an effect that I have seen a lot of times. I think that the principle is the same but used for different effects. I list some effects:
the magician deliver to a person a postcard in a closed envelope. Then the magician makes some questions to the spectator: "Imagine to be on vacation. Where would you like to be? " What do you see? A landscape? The sea? A sunset? ". At the end of the questions the postcard correspond to the description of the spectator. Another example is to deliver a photo to the spectator (in a envelope) and ask to the spectator to imagine a person that has been photographed.. The spectator imagine the hair's color, the color of the suit, the time and the day that the clock marks in the photo... Also in this case what the spectator imagine correspond to the photo. Another example is to deliver a photo of a VIP to the spectator. The spectator imagines a famous person. Also in this case the imagined vip is in the photo.
Considerations: The spectator freely chooses what imagines. I’ve seen in all these effects.. the magician takes back the envelope that the spectator holds for showing the prevision. (surely in this passage the magician make the secret movement)
I would like to know: whose the effect is. What I have to purchase for making this effect?
Thanks to all magician to help me.
Vanes from Italy
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Oh wow. This is a big ask, especially for an unknown user!
I am sorry I cannot be more helpful, but the method is clear to me upon reading your description.
As for who's it is, well there are thousands of variations of envelope predictions, and they don't all work the same way.
Think. How would you achieve this effect using your magical knowledge? You may find your own answer.
Otherwise you will just have to study more, then you will know. The answer is in Corinda's 13 steps to mentalism (that's not too much exposure is it? Remove if it is!).
Good luck, and sorry I cannot be more explicit with my help - we have to be careful what we put on here.
vanesmagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of vanesmagic
They are many years that I do magic and mentalism. I know a lot of things but the effect that I’ve said above it has…something. I consider corinda a book for beginners. I’ve read years ago the whole book. Now I’ve read the modern mentalism: Luke Jermay, Banachek, etc..

Apart how I’ve just said, I want to communicate that I’ve found the effect asked before. The effect is “Secret” by Kenton Knepper.

If someone knows something about it.... Thanks!!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
This subject should be covered in inner thoughts. Unfortunatly you need 50 posts to get there. Post 47 other relivant posts and then re-post this in the other area. I think you will find what you are looking for there.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 12:08, vanesmagic wrote:
They are many years that I do magic and mentalism. I know a lot of things but the effect that I’ve said above it has…something. I consider corinda a book for beginners. I’ve read years ago the whole book. Now I’ve read the modern mentalism: Luke Jermay, Banachek, etc..

Apart how I’ve just said, I want to communicate that I’ve found the effect asked before. The effect is “Secret” by Kenton Knepper.

If someone knows something about it.... Thanks!!

Corinda a book for beginner ?
Yes and no, but so , you should read it Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
vanesmagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of vanesmagic
I wanted to make a provocation...:
Today the book of Corinda is old. We needs to look at the modern magic, new methods, new tricks...
13 steps to mentalism remains always a good book that all the mentalists have to know!

Thanks to all those that have answered to my question. Thanks of the suggestions. I didn't think to have, in so little time, so many answers. You are all fantastic!
Thanks!!
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
'The Secret'? That has one of my pieces in it...Smile
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yes, fantastic...lol
As say Forrest Gump about stupidity...
You're looking for new technique but you don't know anything about classic technique , lol
Happy Christmas Smile
<BR>
vanesmagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of vanesmagic
The "classic techniques" are effects that if you do them to an Italian it immediately understands them. Are we perhaps too much intelligent and for this we want more?

Please, let's not become intrusive to make to see to the others own knowledges. The blog exists for exchanging us the ideas and the knowledges, not for the insults. ;-)
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Lol, sorry I didn't know Italian people were so brilliant !
So, what are you doing here if you're so brilliant ?
You don't need us Smile
<BR>
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
The answer is in Corinda's 13 steps to mentalism

What Thom said. Perhaps it is time for you to re-read it.

Not trying to be pedantic, but everything you need for the effect is right in those pages. The caveat: it will take some work for you to disguise the method to get around those intelligent Italianos.

I am a proud Italian American, and a lot of items in Corinda could probably get by me if they were exceptionally re-framed.

Even Italians will agree that the wheel works really well as a circular object.

DT3
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Just a thought...Corinda's 13 Steps is not a book to be read. It is a book to be studied as though you are working toward a Masters Degree in Mentalism.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » For me this is the best...Please read and help me!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL