The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Pay or play contracts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cpinord
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of cpinord
Hello all. I got out if magic for a while and have lost or misplaced copies of my old contracts. They were the infamous "Pay or Play" contracts.
Trust me when I say on more than one occasion, they came into play and saved me money.
My question is does anyone know where I can find them on the net? After all this time I can not believe that they do not exist yet when I try to find it, it tends to come up as pay to play rather than pay or play. In legal terms two completely different contracts.
So if anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Charlie Cardeen
The Wizard of Ahhh's
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This may sound a bit simplistic, but perhaps you should consider checking with an attorney. As far as I know, the SAM has never specifically endorsed any particular set of contracts other than those that are used at their conventions.

Pay or Play contracts may not be legal in all states.

I have signed many pay or play contracts in the past, and the only thing that was different about them than a standard union contract is that they had a clause in them that stated "This is a pay or play contract. If the contract is cancelled by either party with out at least (insert adequate time frame here) notice, the party cancelling will be liable for all fees that would have been incurred by the performance."

In point of fact, there may be no legal validity to these whatsoever.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Pay or play contracts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL