The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Helder Guimaraes releases card Magic DVD! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Helder Guimaraes, FISM 2006 World Champion of Card Magic, shares for the first time ever some of his pet effects. In “Small Miracles”, you’ll find:
Blank Deck Routine – One of Helder’s pet routines, where a spectator ends by free selecting (yes, free selecting!!!) the only printed card from a blank deck!
Invisible Thread Routine – Transform one card into four aces, make 4 kings appear and then perform a two phase transposition routine between them. Includes a very clean version of Paul Harris’ Reset.
S(h)ocking – Two cards transposition that top card guys will want to perform.
Out of this Water – Learn how you can perform Out of his World, ending with a deck separation out off your hands!
Visual Triathlon – A version of Pit Hartling’s effect, that’s so visual and so impossible people will have lots of jaw dropping.
Plus more baffling tricks, new techniques and methods, 2 extras (if you find them…) and lots of comedy!
And remember: “Don’t believe in everything you see on this DVD; it can be an illusion…”
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
simonlebon
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of simonlebon
More info?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 15:33, simonlebon wrote:
More info?

It's one dvd.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Where to buy?

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
I wonder if he will be selling them at his lecture...I will be seeing him on Thursday night in NYC. I will be looking...

Michael
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I'll also be there on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing his work. I'd never heard of him until about a week or so ago...
Kevin Reylek
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
I am seeing him tonight, Wednesday, in Baltimore, I will fill you in on the details tonight. Thanks,

Bill
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I loved Helder's work when I saw him at Hank Lee's Cape Cod Conclave last year. Some of the BEST card magic I have ever seen!
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I got to see Helder lecture last evening at Marc DeSouza's theater and what a lecture. He is so good with cards it isn't even funny...Although he is a riot. Helder had the DVD for sale and his lecture basically covered everything on the DVD and his loecture notes... I bought the DVD and popped it into the DVD last night.... REVIEW:

The DVD seems to have an "at home" feel to it. Almost like Gaston Quieto's "20" video from many years back. It's funny because the "quality" of the filming almost adds to the aura and fun of the DVD. The filming is Helder and spectators in a close-up table type setting (but no L&l here). The menu is very interactive and a couple of hidden items floating around (not too difficult to find but clever). The DVD is all cards as was his lecture. But what else would you expect from the champion of card magic... The effects are kind of self explanatory on the DVD cover.

The effects are top notch and something that almost any card magician will add to their repetoire. The work is not knuckle-busting, but you don't want this as a beginner. As for the effects themselves:

-Blank Deck Routine: The cover says it all. Absolutely ingenious how this all works and I don't want to tip anything. This routine is worth the cost of the DVD itself BUT you do have to get somethings together to accomplish this. 5/5

-Invisible Thread Routine: Not what you think at all. It is a very clean version of Paul Harris's Reset, absolutely. Every move and action has a purpose. 4/5

-S(h)ocking: Great idea and story line for a 2 card transpo. This is probably some of the hardest card workings on the DVD. The techniques that Helder teaches in here can definitely be added to many routines you currently perform. 4/5

-Out of this Water: Possibly the shortest and best version of OOTW I've seen in person. I perform Paul Harris's "Galaxay" and I can't wait to retire it and throw this one in. Helder has the dealing time cut in half and the performer has complete control of what is going on the entire time, even when the spectator is shuffling and cutting the cards. 5/5

-Visual Triathlon: A fantastic multiple selection routine utilizing 1 special something and a great plot for the routine. A lot of fun and audience participation. This is a must for any close-up show, table hopping, restaurant gig. Not too difficult in the sense of sleights and if you can't accomplish the ones he uses, they can easily be simplified without taking too much from the routine. 5/5

All in all, I would put this as a must buy. He is very thorough in his explanations, going thru the motions more than once so you can get the feel of how things should work and look. If you get an opportunity to watch him live, JUMP ALL OVER IT. I give this DVD a 4.5/5

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Just got back from the lecture in Baltimore and I agree with Justin 100%. Fantastic to say the least. If you see his lecture, pick up his materials, notes and the DVD, both are fantastic. Very smooth card technique. Those of you in New York, enjoy, your in for a real treat. Cheers,

Bill
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Where can I buy this DVD? I can't wait to get one, but I do not believe that he will have a lecture in Asia in any time soon...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Quote:
On 2008-04-10 10:13, Steven Leung wrote:
Where can I buy this DVD? I can't wait to get one, but I do not believe that he will have a lecture in Asia in any time soon...

hanklee
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Also for sale at Hocus-Pocus.com

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks for the info
Cards never lie
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I ordered it yesterday from Hocus Pocus. Can't wait to see it, I also saw him lecture at Hank Lee's Conclave last year.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Review please
Cards never lie
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thought I'd throw in that I attended the Fantasma lecture last night, and Helder was really great. His stuff is beautifully routined, with very precise but seemingly casual scripting that creates the various offbeats and moments of misdirection to hide the moves. Also, he is fond of effects in which whatever dirty work needs to be done gets done early, so a lot of stuff is already set before additional phases even start. For me, just watching how he constructed the effects and then made them performance-ready through the various subtleties in his presentations was the highlight of the lecture. As far as the effects themselves, the killers were a very clean signed cards across in which a lot of stuff actually goes on underneath what seems like a very simple and clean presentation and a multiple selection routine with a blank deck finish, both of which, I believe, were only in his lecture notes. And, by the way, his English is excellent.
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
I was at his lecture as well at Fantasma and I second what bugjack has already said. Helder's effects are very well thought out and his teaching style was straight forward and to the point. His concepts that were taught were more valuable than the effects themselves. Overall a great lecture, one of the best I have seen!

PS I did purchase the dvd but have not watched it yet. If it is anything like his lecture then find it and get it, you will not be disappointed!

Cheers

Michael

:bluebikes:
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
I just saw this DVD listed as Penguin, including a trailer for those wanting a sneak peek!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Okay, since he said at the lecture that the bonus routines are purposefully not hard to find I don't feel like I'm blowing any surprise element by asking this: for those who have the DVD, what are they? From the trailer it looks like the Oil and Water and the sandwich routine. Correct?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Helder Guimaraes releases card Magic DVD! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL