The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Alternatives to Balls and Clubs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
What would you take up if you lost your sight (or much of it?) and wanted to 'branch out' ?

I was thinking perhaps juggling cigar boxes or hats, or something balance-orientated, perhaps?

All suggestions will be most welcome.

Genghis
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Are you planning on having this happen to you? I don't think any of it would be easy. I would however start a mentalism act with the key selling point of me being blind and would do a second sight act.

Anton
Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
It did happen to me, last week. I'm not blind but have lost the use of one eye and the other one isn't as good as it used to be. I'm hoping to get it back fully (or nearly so) within six months. This is something which may happen to me periodically for the rest of....

I'm not ajuggler, I'm an amateur magician. I've been learning to juggle recently to try to spice things up (think Charlie Frye) and, quite frankly, because I simply enjoy it. I can manage three-ball cascade and have started learning a few of the easiest tricks. In my current state I find it very difficult. I was thinking to try something for which sight is less important and which might prove a more productive use of my practice time until the situation (hopefully) improves.

Genghis
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Well that S*cks man. I wish you a fast recovery. I would do what you feel comfortable with. When recovering from injury its best to treat your body with respect and take it slow. Be good to yourself and keep at it!

ATG
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
Ball spinning, hat juggling, contact juggling, and club swinging all involve lots of moves that can be done more by feel then a reliance on sight...
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Poi could also be good as you don't let go. Maybe plate spinning?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
DanielSimu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of DanielSimu
Diabolo should be on the list too.
Plenty of moves are almost as easy blind as they are with full sight.
Stephen Wilbury
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Stephen Wilbury
Contact Juggling, it's the most tactile thing there is
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Alternatives to Balls and Clubs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL