The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Conversations with Mindreaders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PeterMik
View Profile
New user
Denmark
50 Posts

Profile of PeterMik
Does anybody know where to acquire the Ben Cummings "Conversations with Mindreaders" audio interview series? The mindthievery.com website is no more working.
thanks,
peter
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Try emailing Ben at bencummings1@aol.com or PMing him here "Ben Cummings"

I would not advise bidding at the aution place for it though. Smile
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
I received mine from Ben through ebay and had no problems - it arrived a week later and I'm thrilled with it - did you have a bad experience Tony?

Anyway - I can whole heartedly recommend the set - it's like a masterclass in advanced thinking and it's refreshing to hear the range of opinions and personalities within our field - if you can get a copy, go for it!
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Yes!

I won one on ebay from same said person, evidently the winning bid was not high enough so he withdrew the item after I won. He did not return my email on the subject either. If someone will not honor a contract, well, enough on that!

Tony Iacoviello
PeterMik
View Profile
New user
Denmark
50 Posts

Profile of PeterMik
Hmmm...
I have e-mailed Ben Cummings - so I will have to see what he responds.
Do you mind my asking Andy, how much did you pay?
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
I believe it was about £75 - and given the content, I think it was worth the investment. Sorry to hear you had trouble Tony.
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I too ordered mine via eBay from Ben directly. I had no problem, but I believe he now sets a minimum bid. These interviews are really good, but a couple of interviews have volume mixing problems (I don't believe Ben claims these are professionally recorded)... not major, but might cause you to turn the volume louder than should've been necessary. I've only listened to most of the 1st volume, as each interview is generally over an hour in length. I bought the MP3 version and have to convert each interview to a CD so I can listen them on the way to work. Well worth the money, but don't bid too low, as you'll likely get outbid by people using automated bidding systems which bid in the last minutes.

Tony - Sorry you had trouble. I'm guessing you bid before he set the minimum price (Ben's bad, not yours).

Dave
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Dave:

Yeah, I'm the reason he put the minimum (I won for under $15).

I did get a set from a friend who wanted to sell his, they are good. But I'll never deal directly with someone who reneges on a sale and does not have the courtesy to respond to my questions.

Tony
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I got mine from him via an Ebay auction and my only complaint is that the listing said it included a certificate of authenticity (since these are suppose to be limited)and when the item arrived there was no such certificate.
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Never mind
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
Quote:
On 2008-04-21 20:56, Kim wrote:
I got mine from him via an Ebay auction and my only complaint is that the listing said it included a certificate of authenticity (since these are suppose to be limited)and when the item arrived there was no such certificate.

I was under the impression when it was made that it was to be a limited release. VERY limited - however, I have heard things such as-
the rights were sold and person that the person who as been selling sets

is not actually the person who created set.

Have not verified this so am not certain but have issues with what happened to program - especially showing up on ebay - it was never supposed to ...

so ..... some enterprising person may be able to find out more info regarding this

glad it can be a resource to the right persons and dismayed that conditions for its making and sale have not been upheld.

dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Conversations with Mindreaders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL