The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » What is the different between Lincoln's Best Boon & The normal boon writer (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
All true, and that's why I use LBB... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Ordered my LBB with some extra sticky stuff and pencil lead refills Smile I hope it is worth the price. Can't wait to receive the package!

-Aleksi Hietanen
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I have an extensive collection of the devices in question and have used every one mentioned above and more. In many cases preference has to do with the users own physical attributes; some just fit and work better for people with certain size and shaped hands, thumbs and fingers. For example, Mr. Somerdin is a local so I've had a couple of his for years but unlike Gabe it just doesn't work well for me.

However, out of all that I've used the two that I favor are the Koontz and the LBB with the LBB being the front runner by a long stretch. And one of the reasons that I have consistently recommended both is that I think they, particularly the LBB, are most likely to work well for the most people.

The LBB is extremely well made and durable. I lost it once, only to find it weeks later embedded into the sole of my shoe. I had obviously dropped it and stepped on it while I was looking for it. Then proceeded to walk on it for weeks and it was still in perfect condition!

The case to hold and deliver it when needed is also an asset. Lincoln obviously put a lot of thought and R & D into the LBB and I think it is worth every penny.
wash
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of wash
I really want to buy one, but if find the page difficult to navigate with a ton of difficult to deciper version, options, and accessories. darned dyslexia.
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Hi there. Do you guys know if Lincoln is away, as I placed an order a few days ago and I am waiting for notification of my order?

Many thanks Lee
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
Hi Lee,

Sorry for the delay. There has been a lot of personal loss and suffering over the last month as well as still trying to make it to all my performances(I was in the hospital, and there was a death in the family to just name 2 things out of many that kept me out of the house and unable to keep up with orders) There is more, but it is all to personal to get into in a public forum.

I am still dealing with many of these things, but am doing my best to get the orders out when I can. Anyone who had ordered from me and not received the order yet will be notified within the next 48 hours that their order has been shipped. Since, I am dedicating today and tomorrow to getting all orders out. As always, if your order is delayed by a week or more, I will continue to put in extra free products as a gift.

Thank you all for your compliments on my product. Even though I may sometimes be on tour, or have other things that slow me down on getting the orders out, rest assure that I will always get you your order. That, and it will be some of the the most thoguht out, and highest quality mentalism products available.

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Hi Lincoln.

Sorry to hear about your news.

Thank you for your update.

Best thoughts and wishes to you.

Lee
praetoritevong
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
139 Posts

Profile of praetoritevong
Quote:
On 2008-11-29 18:35, Giacomo Moretti wrote:
Why would anyone need instructions on a NW? That should be quite obvious. At least if you have read chapter 1 of Corinda which anybody should have done to begin with.

G.M.

Hear hear.
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
I have recently purchased "Lincoln's Best Boon (LBB)". It is a very cleverly constructed professional tool. The main advantages are:

+ Due to its construction the writing looks great pretty much right from the start.

+ Also it is very easy to control because it has a special something that makes it very easy to write with just one hand.

+ Finally the sticky stuff that comes with the LBB is excellent. It is a lot stronger than what the normal boons use.

I can fully recommend LBB.

Best,
G.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I'm a recent user of lincoln best boon and I'm amazed with it!

The boon is really stable and so easy to write with. You write, then show the card and boon is invisible.
The metal tin for keeping them in the right place everytime is simply wonderful so no Lost&Found issue. It's Daily use.

Pricy? Very low price because you pay the product and you pay the trial and error time that Lincoln had to made to get this out.
No more search for me regarding this type of tool.

Highly recommended and I would like to thank people here who recommended it.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Today I lost my very expensive Lincoln Boon. I had for a little over two weeks and it's gone. From now on I'll stick with simple and inexpensive Vernet boons
B.Clay
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of B.Clay
Selecting a Swami Writer is like chosing a suit. One size does NOT fit all. Everyone's hand is different. What might be perfect on one person's hand might be a miserable failure with another person. Just like choosing material, you need to find what is Right For You. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Sorry fellas.

For example - My nails are short and not terribly strong; the pad of my thumb is soft and flexible. A standard n**l wr***r is a bad fit on my thumbnail. A small boon rocks too much on my thumb. That is strictly my conditon. But based on that, I learned things that Work For Me. It might be different for you. I've used the Piatt Scarab, the Lincoln boon, and the Vernet bug writer because all have a larger surface to fit the thumb with more stability. I carry them all. Depending on the situation, angles, and presentation, I've got choices. I use the scarab the most because I've had it the longest and I'm comfortable and confident with it. The LBB is a very solid and secure fit but it feels a bit big (for me) in certain closeup presentations. (This is purely my comfort level, not a judgement on the product in any way.) In other situations, I've used a Thumb T** W****r, an antique band w****r, or a homemade version made from a metal guitar pick (flesh painted.) It all depends on what I plan to do. If you are going to put a check mark next to something or write out a full name might determine your choice. I know it has for me.

A good starting place is to look at The Nail Writer Anthology by Thomas Baxter. Don't know him. Never met him. No personal agenda mentioning this book. I do think, however, it's a really good source to learn about all kinds of Swamis. I've been working N**l W***ing for a while and still got a lot out of it. It gets you thinking...

Generally, that's a good thing.

Regards,
B.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
You Can't get better than the lbb imho!

Kieran
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 17:37, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Today I lost my very expensive Lincoln Boon. I had for a little over two weeks and it's gone. From now on I'll stick with simple and inexpensive Vernet boons

that is why I bought four of these along with the Pro Pack and the Pocket Writing Pencil
oh I do own the vernet one, both the Thumb Thingy or the Bug Thingy

the Bug is really awful and oversized compared to LBB
and the Thumb Thingy, I must replace the Thumb with the one that is snugly fit in mine

I use the Vernet Thumb Thingy mainly for Stage Work since it is more secure and I can put this on and off without looking and without afraid that it might fall off my hand or fall from the Coat Pocket after I steal them, since in the Heat of the Show this is paramount

but for Close Up, I hate the Bug or the Thumb since it is going to be more Pocket Space dedicated to this, and the Bug is also BIGGER than LBB

Heck I can put the Small tin LBB Case inside the Lighter Pocket that is common in most Jeans, and inside this Tin I can Carry THREE LBB inside the 2cm by 2cm Metal Tin, that's to show you how small and almost invisible the LBB when you perform surrounded

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
mag1cman
View Profile
Regular user
Has contributed a meagre
142 Posts

Profile of mag1cman
Hi All

I have chubby fingers and thumbs and they are quite large (I'm 6'5) - Is there anybody on here with similar proportions that can recommend which of these to get based on real experience of using them in both stage and close-up situations?

All help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Steve
*** Magic shouldn't be the only thing in your life BUT everything in your life should be magic! ***
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
Hi Steve,

I designed the LBB http://www.Lincolnworld.com/products to fit anyone and any sized fingers. Although, I suppose a small child could have fingers that are too small for it to work as well, you can't have fingers to big for it it work.

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On 2011-11-20 03:07, magicman29 wrote:
You Can't get better than the lbb imho!

Kieran

I agree. It is very stable.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
BTW, it should be noted that I found my Lincoln Boon. You can imagine how happy I was. So before you fret, remember to check BOTH ticket pockets in your sports jacket
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Hello there,

Two years since the last message here, I was wondering if some people here have new experiences to tell about their LBB. I plan to buy it, I still doens't have a good swami gimmick and I'm quite decided about this model (i know I want a boon type, after trying other models). I also think it's important to load/unload it easily and the magnetic case should be a good thing for that Smile
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Hey guys,

Reviving this because I picked up a boon from Lincoln at Penguin Live (the actual one demoed) and had some thoughts, bearing in mind that this is my first writer as I have never really like any of the other ones that I have briefly played with.

XX,
-Jakob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nd-LNLCWA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » What is the different between Lincoln's Best Boon & The normal boon writer (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL