The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAMTalking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
klownchuck
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of klownchuck
I am on SAMtalk.. and really like it.

at the end of the "Guidelines" it says:

If you know any S.A.M. members who wish to receive SAMtalk, have them send an email which includes their full name, e-mail address and S.A.M. number to:

and you would send that to: vg@mwym.com (That's Vinny Grosso.. the NEW Second VP and NEW moderator for SAMtalk..

Remember, of course, you have to be a S.A.M. member.

Chuck Lehr
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Erich, that is my concern. That many S.A.M. members will feel disenfranchised and will walk away from the S.A.M. If this had only been handled with tact, by giving notice and/or by asking members to raise their hands or something. By your post, I'd guess that you're already feeling like you're on the outside looking in?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
We are coming up on the one-month celebration of the closure of SAMtalking. Have any celebrations been planned?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Greetings Grandpa Chet - welcome back to posting, we've missed you.

It's under a week until the month anniversary and SAMtalking continues closed and the questions remain unanswered. The National Secretary has started posting here on the Café, in fact she has two posts back to back under the "Ritual" thread. I've asked her there if she can enlighten us because I would assume that as an elected National Officer, she would be a member of the "executive committee". As of a few minutes ago there had been no answer from her or any of the other officers.

There is a large thread on this same topic going on over at the other forum (Genii) and it has had over 3000 hits - I guess people are following that thread closely. Here's a link http://tinyurl.com/6fkmf8

Again, welcome back and stay in touch.

Keep a dream in the making

Maria Ibanez
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2008-08-20 16:17, mormonyoyoman wrote:
We are coming up on the one-month celebration of the closure of SAMtalking. Have any celebrations been planned?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet

Can't say as I do. Those responsible?...mmmm...maybe.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
S.A.M. BRUCE
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of S.A.M. BRUCE
SAM Members and supporters of magic,

It has been brought to my attention that there is an enthusiastic interest in the S.A.M. being expressed on this forum. It is unfortunate that time does not permit the other National Officers and me to check in on this and other independent magic forums on a regular basis. We are dedicated to the S.A.M., but we also have many obligations and a very full life outside the S.A.M., as do most of our members.

It also is disappointing that there is a perception that the leadership of the S.A.M. is not encouraging and providing information or answering the concerns by some who have posted here. I can assure you that is not the reality. We are dedicated to responding to all our members who have any issues and we will answer you openly and honestly if issues are directly presented to us.

It is unrealistic to believe that you would always agree with the position our team has taken, but I can assure you we take our members' concerns very seriously, and much thought, time and discussion transpires before we act in what we believe to be in the best interest of the S.A.M.and the membership. All your ideas and concerns go into the mix for consideration and are appreciated.

So, may I recommend you contact me personally, or if you prefer, any other national officer (listed below) with your comments, concerns and suggestions if you wish them to be addressed. I can assure you we are listening and working together on your behalf not only on personal issues but assembly development, national programs and meeting our international obligations. We are also involved with committee issues, the current economic environment and new advances in technology.

On behalf of myself, the national officers, the elected officials and the National Council, let me again thank you for your continued interest and most of all, your support of the S.A.M.. We strive to follow the fundamentals of our cabala, M-U-M, as we move into the future together joined by our interest in "magic" which inspires our "unity" and creates our "might." It is this proud history that has made the S.A.M. the oldest and most prestigious magic organization in the world. Please contact me personally (or any of the officers) as we make this journey together. Thank you again for your encouragement and support.

Bruce Kalver
National President, 2008-09
The Society of American Magicians

E-Mail Addresses for the S.A.M. Executive Officers:

Bruce Kalver - National President: president@magicsam.com
Mike Miller - National President-Elect: presidentElect@magicsam.com
Mark Weidhaas - National First Vice President: firstVP@magicsam.com
Vinny Grosso - National Second Vice President: secondVP@magicsam.com
Marlene Clark - National Secretary: secretary@magicsam.com
Mary Ann Blowers - National Treasurer: Treasurer@magicsam.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAMTalking (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL