The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Easy Money + Variations (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I decided to make this post to inform people of the best trick in the world. Patrick Page's Easy Money. Here, I will discuss all of the variations of Easy Money, and my thoughts on them. I love this trick, and I have purchased almost every variation. I will also give you links to where you can purchase the effects. I will edit this post every time a new variation comes out. This is an improved post; I posted the original over at the Penguin Magic forums. Unfortunately, I made some major mistakes. I corrected them all in this post. Let's start with the original...

Easy Money: Invented by Patrick Page, Easy Money was the start for most multiple bill switches. With just a rub, four pieces of paper change into money. The gimmick is the same as many later variations, including Hundy 500. To my knowledge, the original can only be found in two places.
-HERE is a DVD with Patrick Page teaching. It's Patrick Page's Rope Magic and Magic with Paper DVD.
-HERE is a new DVD put out by L & L Publishing on the original Easy Money. It's great because it's free with all orders over $25!
-FUN INC. will be producing a DVD on the original Easy Money, featuring John Lovick.

Flash Cash: This goes by many different names, but was invented by Fred Kaps. It's his version of Easy Money, which Pat Page agreed was better than his. This uses a much simpler gimmick than Pat's, but is not as clean.
-HERE, Michael Ammar teaches the effect. Even though it is called Easy Money, it is Flash Cash.
-HERE is a booklet only available from Magic Inc. located in Illinois. Although it's named Easy Money, it really teaches Flash Cash. It not only explains how the effect is done, it tells some history on the effect as well. There are many illustrations, which are all drawn by Jay Marshall. It's a very good booklet. Also, I only paid about $6; they muse have not updated their website.
-HERE are Fred Kaps' lecture notes. The trick "Newspaper to Dollars" is what I assume to be Flash Cash. I don't have the notes, so I cannot confirm this.
-HERE is something that is basically the same as Flash Cash. Same gimmick, same trick. The only difference is the name.
VIDEO: HERE is a performance by Fred Kaps himself.

Hundy 500: Tim Trono urged Gregory Wilson to release this masterpiece. This uses the same gimmick as the original Easy Money, not Flash Cash. You basically spin the folded packet of bills, and they change into a different denomination. It's not too difficult to do, but does require practice. This is available in two formats.
-HERE is Gregory Wilson teaching his effect on DVD. It covers everything you need, with multiple angles.
-I am not sure if a booklet was released of Hundy 500. A few of my friends claim to have it. I couldn't find it, but I should mention it anyways.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video for Hundy 500.
VIDEO: HERE is a video of Oz Pearlman performing this.

Show Me the Money: I am ashamed to include this. Magic Makers did a bad thing. This is a total knock-off of Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500. You can find this on one DVD.
-HERE is the DVD, The Reserve. It knocks-off many great tricks, and I don't recommend this DVD.

Paper to Money Plus: This does not use the same gimmick as Hundy 500 or Easy Money. It uses a totally different gimmick, which I don't particularly like. It is visual, though. There is a demo of this effect on one of the Reel Magic Quarterly issues. This is a trick you have to buy singly.
HERE is Paper to Money Plus.

Handy 500: Found as a bonus in a DVD, not a lot of people heard of this variation. Dan White, the man who taught Digital Dissolve on the DVD, invented this. It uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500. This variation is worth considering because the bills change inside the spectator's hand. The spectator holds the five bills, you wave your hand over them, and they change. This can only be found as a bonus on a DVD.
-HERE is Juan's Hundred Dollar Bill Switch. As a bonus on this DVD, Dan White quickly teaches his Handy 500. The gimmick is not taught, and he goes over everything quickly.

Slow Burn: Richard Sanders, an awesome guy, created one of the most visual variations to date. The gimmick is the same as Hundy 500. This can be found in two places.
-HERE is the original DVD of Slow Burn. Everything is explained in great detail, and there are multiple angles.
-HERE, Richard Sanders quickly teaches Slow Burn. I will talk more about this DVD in a little while.
VIDEO: HERE is a performance from the original Slow Burn DVD.
VIDEO: HERE is an updated video performance.

Heiny 500: Karl Hein's variation is arguably the best on the market. John Lovick, otherwise known as Handsome Jack, still thinks this is the best variation to date. Five bills slowly and visibly change to a higher denomination. This uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500. This effect can be found in two places.
-HERE is the effect taught on a high quality DVD produced by Kozmo Magic. Everything is taught well, except for the gimmick.
-This can also be found in Karl's lecture DVD. The DVD is only available through Karl Hein's lecture. I have yet to see this DVD, so I don't know much about it.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video with Karl Hein.

3D Cash: I do not have this DVD. In this, there are three bill changes. I have no idea what the gimmick is. I heard complaints about the packet being too large and noticeable. Also, I heard the DVD was not produced that well.
-HERE is Mark Allen teaching this effect on DVD.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo of 3D Cash.

Vicissitube: I do not have this. This is taught on a DVD as one of the tricks. I have heard good things about this variation.
-HERE is Cory Burke's DVD Voracity. On this DVD, there are many tricks taught. One of the tricks is Vicissitube.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video for Voracity. There is a quick clip of Vicissitube in this.

Extreme Burn: From the creator of Slow Burn, comes the most visual variation ever. Richard Sanders is awesome for thinking of this. This uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500, with a little something extra to make all of the changes work. There are nine hyper-visual changes on this DVD. I wrote a review for this HERE. This is the best variation ever, in my opinion, to be concocted.
-HERE is the Extreme Burn DVD. It teaches how to make the gimmick and all nine changes expertly. Slow Burn is one of the nine changes.
VIDEO: HERE is the official demo video of Extreme Burn.
VIDEO: HERE is a video of one of the nine changes taught on the DVD.

Prophet: Theory 11 released this at a bad time. Tom Isaacson has created an interesting variation with permission from Patrick Page. There are two changes taught on this DVD. This uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500. I wrote a review for this HERE.
-HERE is the DVD in which you can learn Prophet. It is taught by Tom Isaacson in 32 minutes.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video of Prophet.

Alpha Cash: This variation is by Jay Noblezada and makes me sad. This is exactly the same as Fred Kaps' Flash Cash. It's just recycled and repackaged. I emailed Jay and asked what separated his variation with no response. Sorry, Penguin, but this is just bad.
-HERE is Jay Noblezada's DVD Money in which this trick is taught.
-HERE is Jay Noblezada's DVD Download Money in which this trick is taught.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo of Money, which Alpha Cash is talked about.

Well, I'm done. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I hope you learned a few things. This took me a long time to type, and I'm proud of it. If you know of any other variations, please tell me. Also, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please post them.

Jeff
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Thank you, Jeff.
This is the most comprehensive review I have ever seen. It's obvious that you put a lot of work and thought into this post. I currently perform Heiny 500, which is a killer. I have ordered Extreme Burn and should have it in a day or two.
Can't wait!
Sammy J. Teague
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
GREAT review! I bought Slow Burn, Extreme Burn, Heiny 500, and the Pat Page DVD showing Easy Money. I also have Alpha Cash by Jay Noblezada (came on the MONEY DVD I purchased). After reading your review, I won't be using Alpha Cash. I'll purchase Fred Kaps' Flash Cash instead.

Like you, my current favorite is Extreme Burn. It just amazes everyone I show it to. It even amazes me, as well. Thank you for your detailed review. I can see you put a LOT of thought and effort into it.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
EZ Money was my favorite for a long time. I still liked Easy Money more than Hundy 500, Heiny 500, 3D Cash, Slow Burn and Flash Cash. But after watching Extreme Burn, I changed my mind. I put Extreme Burn first.
ElCoral
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ElCoral
This post is great! It's obvious a lot of work went into this. I have a single bill change that I am very happy with, but I've been considering getting a multiple bill change, and this post gives me some great guidance. Thanks.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
ElCoral,
I think you owe it to yourself to check out Extreme Burn. I have been known locally for my single bill switch for many years. I must now admit that it doesn't come close to Extreme Burn for impact or ease of use. This is about as close to real, visual magic as you can get.
Go for it. You will not be disappointed!
Sammy J. Teague
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks for the comments! And, yes, Extreme Burn is the way to go!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
You're missing Peter Studebaker's version from Classic Studebaker. It allows you to change lottery coupons for bills, and the two can be different sizes.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Then, it's not a variation on Easy Money.
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
This is the way reviews should be by comparing tricks to others of the same effect. So when it comes to multi-bill changes, you can see others and compare prices, demos, and pros.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks!
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Thanks. This review helped me decide to get Extreme Burn, and I have to say I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than what I got.
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
You're welcome.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Good job in compiling all the variations.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
It was brought to my attention that a variation, or rip-off, of Easy Money is featured on the new Magic Makers DVD, unBILLievable Money Magic. I was wondering if anyone is able to confirm this.

Jeff
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Great job. It's nice to have all this information in the same place.

Why not the same gimmick, Mark Leveridge has a blank paper to bill effect that he developed after seeing Pat Pages on his Money Magic DVD. It looks nice and the bill can be handed out after.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thank you very much!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Great job Jeff! I appreciate you going to the effort on this one.
Like Motown mentioned, it's nice to have all these references in one place.
I didn't realize there were that many variations.

Thanks a bunch! Smile
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
You're welcome!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Just for your collection, for the 2003 FFFFF I presented (Pat Page being present) his version of Easy Money with a few variants.
The paper was made of cut outs of different sizes from magazines. One about the UNICEF, one about a nice looking model, one about a luxury real estate project, one about mergers and acquisitions. Each article was shown and folded back (to the size of the bills along pre-made creases).
The papers were switched for $ bills explaining however that
you can give 5$ (show the bill) to charity but it doesn't make you a charitable person.
you can probaly spend some good time with the model for 100$ (show the bill) but it doesn't buy you love
you can buy a house for a million $ (show the bill) but it doesn't makes it a home
you can buy a company for a billion $ (show the bill) but it doesn't make you a leader
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Easy Money + Variations (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL