The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New version of the Opium Coin from Kreis magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
http://www.kreis-magic.com/product/coin/?lang=en

Video showing Opium Coin made from US half and reproduction of ancient Japanese coin.

Kotah aka Ronald Dayton
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Do you know how we could order them?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
You can order them right from that site. Just click the "order" tab at the top of the screen, fill out the check list of what you want, fill out your information, and hit submit. They'll send you an email confirming very quickly, and then an email with payment information within a couple of hours.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Thanks very much.
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
It looks like a nice quality set, but does anyone make opium coins in dollar size with Peace dollars?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Jeff, the answer to your question is no. Sasco, Inc. used to make a version of the Opium Coin using Walking Liberty halves with their pseudo-oriental brass coin.
KOtah
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
Thanks, KOTAH. I guess if I want it bad enough, I'll have to go custom. . .and not pay the utilities.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I can't understand why this set has not yet been made in silver dollars (Morgans would be so great!!)... It's been on the market for some time know, and people really like the trick. It's not as if it was something new and manufacturers would not want to take the risk manufacturing it in dollars and losing money...

It's a highly visual trick, and you only can do it close-up at a table, which is a pity. I tried, a few times, to perform it in a room for about ten people, and every single time people had to come very close to me to see the effect... What a pity...

There really seems to be a demand for the dollar size, so I really hope someone will start manufacturing it in dollars...

Just a bottle thrown at sea... Smile
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
The problem may be the disparity in the size of the coins. The replicated Japanese coin is not dollar size. I would think they might consider using the Walking Lady Liberty or other half dollar size coins if enough requests were sent in.

Ron
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Maybe...but it's not THAT difficult to find Chinese/Japanese coins (with a hole in the middle) that are the size of a dollar coin, is it??? And even if so (I'm pretty sure I already saw dollar-size Chinese coins on the net - in fact I own a few, but they are not silver coins). Why not simply manufacture them? It should not be so much of a problem...

Ben
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Who owns the rights to this gaff?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
KOTAH (R. Dayton), I guess...
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I never sold my rights to this coin. Dealers are permitted to make them / sell them and pay a royalty. At the bottom of the video clip, it says:
"Combination of a half dollar and a Wado Kaichin coin. Magician is holding two half dollar coins in his fist. When the palm is opened, the coins have changed into two of Chinese coins. He has nothing other than the two of Chinese coins.
Officially approved by the creator, Ronald Dayton."

Opium coin was created eighteen years ago.

Kotah
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
So how would it work if one wanted to commission the gaff in another coin combination? Would the gaffer contact you to work out the royalty payment?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
If you intend to go through Kreis Magic, I have royalty arrangements with Nakashima Kengo. With other coin effects potentially on the table, I am satisfied with the arrangement.

Kotah
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
What about commissioning Lassen or Schoolcraft?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
You understand, of course, what you've just said. You want to go to someone else who is unauthorized to make this coin, thereby costing me my due royalty. At least, that's the way it sounds. IS that what you are saying?! What part of "never sold my rights" didn't you understand?
You look like a decent sort. I can't believe that is what you intended.

Kotah
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I guess rutabaga was just asking if Lassen or Schoolcraft (or others maybe?) were allowed to manufacture the gaff... It sounded more like a question to me... And he has his answer.

I love this gaff, but again, it's a pity that it's only available in Half Dollars... Please do something. There sure are a LOT of people interested (I already know more than half a dozen friend magicians who are!)...
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Kotah, please re-read my earlier post where I refer to the gaffer [Lassen, Schoolcraft, whoever] making royalty payments.

I ask because there are some beautiful dollar-size chinese coins available from Lassen for instance that would combine with a Morgan dollar to make a gorgeous set.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
OK bear with me, I tend to get offensive. IF Lassen wanted to approach me with an offer I "Might be open to it. I say might because there is an off chance ; sales of one might hurt sales of the other. It could be a slippery slope to walk.

I would check with all parties involved, and make a decision based on the feedback

Part of the beauty of the Kreis coin is the replicated ancient Japanese Wado Katchin coin Bigger is not necessarily better. Even for a close up item.

Kotah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New version of the Opium Coin from Kreis magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL