The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill in Lemon Effect (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
"Serial number vs. Signature vs. Torn corner"

Ask laymen which is most convincing. Magic is not the method, but how spectators percieve it. Just my two cents worth, if it really worth it.

Sincerely,
@jay@
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Magic Shaun:

So the spectators believe that we have a duplicate of THEIR bill?

With logic like that,wouldn't they think we just have a copy of their signature also?
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
As always Pop, great routine and enjoyable to watch.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Pop...that routine is AWESOME! Thank you for sharing!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Try this one. Bill is signed, serial number noted AND a piece is cut off and kept.

I've been doing this routine for over 30 years and it doesn't just fool the spectators... Smile

http://www.timellismagic.com/bill-to-anything/
javlin5
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of javlin5
I like the idea of signed. It personalized the trick and lends itself to gags and jokes with the audience.

I think the serial #'s, trivializes the trick, into a "checking #s" just to make sure the magician did the job right. Not as effective in my opinion.
DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
[quote]On Mar 31, 2011, Ryan Bliss wrote:
John Carney has an effect in his book Carneycopia entitled Fruit Cup. Its absolutely fantastic. AND, its not that hard to do

Hello I recently purchased Carneycopia which is an amazing book however I live in the UK so the lowest denomination I could use is a 5 pound note Does it ruin the notes and if so what do you suggest I use instead?
thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
[quote]On Dec 4, 2016, DorianGrey wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2011, Ryan Bliss wrote:
John Carney has an effect in his book Carneycopia entitled Fruit Cup. Its absolutely fantastic. AND, its not that hard to do

Hello I recently purchased Carneycopia which is an amazing book however I live in the UK so the lowest denomination I could use is a 5 pound note Does it ruin the notes and if so what do you suggest I use instead?
thanks

It all depends on you countries currency laws. Here in the US, writing on a bill does not mean it is worthless. Even tearing a bill, as long as the bill is over 75% intact, the bank will give you a full size bill.

If your currency is the newer plastic money, that seems to be another whole set of problems to work out.

You will have to check with your banking system, ours is called "The Federal Reserve", no idea what your ruling agency would be in the U.K.
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
I learn my bill in lemon from Inception by Chris Randall. Super easy to do and fools people well.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2009, Bobby Forbes wrote:
Scott Guinn's routine tops them all. Why would you wanna sign a bill anyways. People always hesitate signing and then it becomes awkward. You have to make them think it's ok. The way Scotts routine is structured, IMO it's the most convincing routine of it's type to date. I cant wait to try this out. Besides, the way it's structured, you don't have much technical work to do at all.. can't say that with a signed version. You must do some kind of crazy sleight of hand and most of the time you have to cut open the lemon yourself. That's not the case with this routine. The spectator has the lemon to start with and then at the end cuts it open himself and verifies the serial numbers. Come on, it doesn't get any stronger than that. Try that with a signed bill.

People having an issue with signing a bill may have a bigger issue burning one Smile
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
Here is Gali-Gali performing Bill in Orange on the Ed Sullivan show. Simple and effective. A real fooler. Listen to the gasps form the audience when the bill is revealed in the orange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZBVWHzJwZ8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill in Lemon Effect (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL