The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Unfortunate situation... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Recently I had two large coin purses stolen from me by another magician. The purses contained almost all of my Todd Lassen gaffs! There were a lot of items in these purses. Without any of those coins I'm lost. I haven't been able to get into contact with Todd for a while now and I assume that when I do the wait will be rather long. I just can't wait to have things made right now.

I would never ask for anything from anyone for free, but I was wondering if anybody might want to sell any of their barber or walking liberty gaffs. I know how much these coins mean to people, I really prized my collection, but if you've been thinking of selling anything or have something you're not using a lot and want to help me out that would be great.

It's a tough situation and any help will be greatly appreciated.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Wow, that is unfortunate. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Todd is in the middle of relocating his home to Colorado and may not respond to requests for a few more days yet; but, good luck on finding replacements.

-Allen M.
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
Wow!!!! that is terrible. best of luck in recovery.

Don't have any gaffs in old silver halves, sorry.

SH
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Do you have any idea who the thief is? If so I'd go after him big time.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2008-10-17 13:41, Pete Biro wrote:
If so I'd go after him big time.

Indeed.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I feel your pain man. I had coins stolen from me from the dealers room at a magic convention once. It's pretty bad when people you trust in this community betray that trust.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Go steal his identity lol. A coin magician has no identity without his coins so go take away his (I'm just kidding btw)But if you have the thief's name, I recomnend getting your order numbers and receipts for each of the things in the purses as well as the purses and call the police and rat him out for robbery. Just wondering, Did you do anything to him that made him want to steal them?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
How about just performing an illusion and make this thief disappear?
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
I'm about 99% sure I know who did it, but I don't have much proof. I've spread the word though and I have people looking into it for me. Hopefuly someone will see him using them. I only hope he doesn't sell them.

Thanks for the concern and all the PMs.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
When it comes to really precious props like the one you are mentioning, magicians might consider insuring them. This would not compensate for the time spent in having them replaced but it would allow victims to have the insurance company dealing with the thieves to get their money back.

Did you consider spreading his name into the community if he wasn't returning your property? I suspect that it's the threat that you use by not communicating his name as yet. If such is the case you're absolutely right to do that and have my support.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2008-10-17 23:13, Lawrence O wrote:

Did you consider spreading his name into the community if he wasn't returning your property? I suspect that it's the threat that you use by not communicating his name as yet. If such is the case you're absolutely right to do that and have my support.

Only problem with that is , if you do not have considerable proof he did take them, the spreading of his name through out the community as a thief could get you sued for slander.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Shooting you a PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Unfortunate situation... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL