The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blackhart's Slasher Revisited (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I’ve had Slasher for a while but rarely used it because of control and movement. NOT that there is anything wrong with the effect, it is exceptionally made and I like it better than the needle / knife through arm.

I’ve now “come up” with a way to perform this that does away with the fake red blood and allows freer movement; it is known as A + B Blood and is used by Hollywood Special Effects Artists. You start clean and end bloody allowing you to freely wave the razor around before the slash.

It works on the same level as Dear Boss and In Lizzie’s Hand but forgoes the paper using an arm or what you want to slash in its place, complete with dripping blood.

A + B Blood is an easy DIY and perfect for Slasher.

Please note that the components for A + B Blood IS different from what is needed / used for Dear Boss but that effect was the best way to describe what can be done.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello X-treem

I am always interested in any feedback regarding our products. I have experimented with many types of fake blood over the years and the best I have found for Slasher is the make that I supply. It has the advantage of being thin so that it runs freely, it is also cheap!

Anyway I'd be very interested to hear all your thoughts on Slasher as I am always open to any suggestions. You can email me at kh@blackhart.co.uk

Thanks for the link as well.

Regards

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Thanks for posting Mr. Hart and I have sent you an email!

There is absolutly nothing wrong with your blood I agree it flows beautifully, better than the rest.

I like to work outside the box which is why I chose Slasher, many years ago when an idea popped into my head you had the exact item I needed in Slasher. I wrote a dark poem of a man who had lost his one true love and the guilt he felt drove him to slash his wrists but the attempt had failed and he had healed.

I begin reading the poem quietly then become more aggitated as I got to a maddening crescendo at which point I wanted to swing Slasher around violently (something I personally could not figure out how to do on my own without exposure) so I set the idea aside until I could devout the time to develop what was in my head into reality.

Since A + B Blood is not blood until I need it to be, it gave me what I needed to complete the routine as I had envisioned it.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
May I ask where you can get the A + B blood?
Thanks for your help
Roni
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Google Books will lead you to excerpts from a Special FX book that will have all the info you need.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I always wanted to buy Blackhart's SLASHER. Thanks for bringing it up.

But, like you, I want to use it more 'freely'.

X-treem, I just spent 45 minutes googling & trying to find the book for the DIY A+B blood recipe.

No luck.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
http://www.fxsupply.com/makeup/blood.html

I was searching for a bit, and didn't find much. This surprises me, because A&B blood can be found at almost any good theatrical makeup shop.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, I guess I don't know how to manuever around Google Books. I can only get to Page 20.

Thanks anyway.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
An idea for those that want to use the SLASHER more freely: Buy a comb. The comb comes in a plastic cover only open at the top end so you can put or pull out your comb.
With couple of safety pins attach this clear plastic comb cover to the inside of your jacket so it slants inward a little. Now fill your slasher with stage b***d close it so the plastic body of the slasher is on top (Covering) the blade and stick it inside the plastic cover which is inside your jacket. You will be able to keep it there fully loaded for as long as you like and take it out easily as if you took it out of your inside jacket pocket.
Cheers
Roni
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

Thanks for the tip Roni, however 'Slasher' actualy comes supplied in such a plastic case. I'll add your tip to the instructions though.

Thanks.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Recently bought Slasher and I can only echo the postitive comments it has already received.
It looks far more gruesome than the knife/needle effects and is perfect for what I intend to use it for...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Here's another possibility, because different bloods can be used in different circumstances. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

http://www.nightmarefactory.com/cgi-bin/......h=action
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Thanks Harley, by the way, that is the same kind of powder used in the blood tears effect. Good price!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You're welcome! Glad to help!

I like it for some applications, because the load only needs to be water, and it's so much easier to clean up.

www.bladewalker.com
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Speaking of which ...what blood is about that doesn't "stain" , both skin or cloth , or could a colouring in clear wasing up liquid do the job?
Regards Mark
E.O.I
jambo666
View Profile
New user
To stop riffraff you need a fence of
55 Posts

Profile of jambo666
Hi all, I recently got BlackHarts Slasher to help my daughter who had to make a short horror film trailer for her college work. It worked excellently and looked the bee's knee's in the film. And yet it is very simple in design and working. Which in my view usually equates to being very reliable.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
"I recently got BlackHarts Slasher to help my daughter who had to make a short horror film trailer for her college work."

Is there a clip of this available on YouTube?

Keith Hart
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think they all stain. You can wipe it off, but to clean it, soap. I've had good results with dish soap.

For clothing, it's a different matter. My wife has used Lestoil to successfully remove walnut stain from pants. That might work.

www.bladewalker.com
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
The stage blood made by Bruce Spangler does not stain. It is a suspension of fine plastic particles. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. I purchased several bottles of it, probably the last that was sold.

Regarding A/B stage blood: As I recall, this is a cyanide compound which is poisonous. Wash it off after getting it on your skin. Avoid ingesting it.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blackhart's Slasher Revisited (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL