The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Contest in Colon August 5-8 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Anymore slots open, Rick?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I guess not.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Hi Mike..just read your post and sent you personal IM....I havent been on here much as we are getting ready for the big week. If you want to participate we have a few openings left...let me know..many thanks! Rick
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The spectators are the judges. They will vote by inserting a ballot in your box slot. Whoever have the most ballots will win. I did make it in town until late Thursday night. I do have a chance to participate on Friday, but for only two hours. That guarantees I will miss a lot of votes.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
So...How did it go?
Who won?
C'mon! Let us poor sob's who couldn't make it know!
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
I want to know as well
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
I remember a busking contest I entered in Switzerland...It had 3 judges who were to determine the winner...A judge's daughter who happened to be a professional opera singer simply stepped outside the door onto the street and was suddenly and instantly now a busker...Guess who won? The whole thing had been thrown...Fortunately, after I had performed, I passed the hat and got back my 23SF entrance fee...plus some Smile
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 05:55, The Great Zoobini wrote:
I remember a busking contest I entered in Switzerland...It had 3 judges who were to determine the winner...A judge's daughter who happened to be a professional opera singer simply stepped outside the door onto the street and was suddenly and instantly now a busker...Guess who won? The whole thing had been thrown...Fortunately, after I had performed, I passed the hat and got back my 23SF entrance fee...plus some Smile

Hey Zoobini, just wondering -do you busk in that makeup? it seems like it could be a good character for a busker...

Just curious!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Funny that...I was just about to ask Gaddy if he busked in that red chair!

Har har har

Chad
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
Not the chair, but I heard that newpaper follows him every where
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Hey Guys,

It's no surprise, our very own Nick W "The American magician from Thailand" Won this competition

I don't know if he posts here but hes at the sidewalkperformers site a lot, he even has his own section
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 17:23, gaddy wrote:

Hey Zoobini, just wondering -do you busk in that makeup? it seems like it could be a good character for a busker...

Just curious!

Busking? What's that?
har har

Just when I'm in the mime mode...har har dee har har

Click here to view attached image.
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
At first I thought it was makeup too. I see I was wrong.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Nick is a Café member, but I have never read any of his posts. Nick also came in first at the Curly's bar close up contest. Along with his hats busking I think that talented young man did rather well.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
It was a pleasure meeting all of you.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Keep up the good work, Nick. I like your talent. If Rick Fisher would have given ballots to me like he did you and the others, I would have competed too.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mike
This was the first try at busking for Colon, Mi. If you try again next year I promise you that the rules will be more clearly defined.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
For those who do not know, the magician with the highest ratings of ballots would win the busking contest. I had signed the paperwork and release forms, but unfortunately I was never given any ballots. I went to FAB Magic (the company that was running the event) to ask for ballots so that I could participate. The owner (Rick Fisher) told me he did not have any more. He did give ballots to each of the participants previously. I walked out his shop for a bit contemplating my situation - should I still perform in the event but not have a chance at winning because I had no ballots, but others did? I went back inside to tell Rick Fisher I do not want to participate. I left Rick Fisher's shop and stayed in the front to communicate with the other participants. A few minutes later Rick Fisher walked outside and handed other magicians, (none were minorities) plenty of ballots without offering me any. John Sturk is one of the witnesses who saw what happened.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Maybe he did not think your act was good enough. He is NOT racist.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Contest in Colon August 5-8 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL