The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » reel raven (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
help needed:
I just recently bought a reel raven and I have trouble understanding where to clip it/hide it. The standard raven was easy to use although it requires preparations (ie. pinning to your garments. Reel raven is suppose to be easy to put on and off, unfortunately the video and instructions do not deal much with reel raven.
Any tips are appreciated
thanks
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Put it on the inside, upper hem near your shoulder, and that should suffice. I think we're talking about the same thing.
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
thanks, but that's for the standard raven, the reel raven has a clip, supposedly for the belt. where else can it be attached without resorting to the pin?
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Sometimes when I wear a jacket, I clip it to the bottom of the armpit in my jacket. When I need it I just go to my inside coat pocket, and it's a natural motion to just clip it and get it into position. The belt is still a great location, as long as it's more towards your back than your front. I've even played around with clipping it into my inside pants pocket. Makes reproducing the item easier. The best thing to do is just play around with it and see what works for your performning style and attire. It's a great product!
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Hey, I heard the reel raven wasn't good because the reel isn't silent. But if you ask me, I'd put it in the pants area because you're more cleaner because people think it's up the sleeve, if they think it's up the sleeve just say "Up yours". Hahaha, I got that from a comedy magician. Anyways good luck.
Christian
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Christian Z is right, the Raven is much better because well....... IT'S QUIET!
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I just made a post in another forum about the reel raven. If it is not quiet, how "loud" is it? and Is there anyway of silencing it?
-Bill
vovin
View Profile
Veteran user
Columbus,Oh
338 Posts

Profile of vovin
Guy's there are already about a dozen threads on this exact thing you should try using the search feature. Most of your questions will be asnwered.
TheMasterMystifier
View Profile
New user
Atlanta Georgia
11 Posts

Profile of TheMasterMystifier
I experienced the same problem with the noise of the reel. Try putting electrical tape on the ends to cover the holes. You will understand what I mean if you just put your fingers over the holes and let it reel in. It is much quieter. I tried electrical tape and it helps muffle the noise. Not completely, but good enough to where you don't have to make noises yourself to be louder than the noise of the reel.

I can't stand the Raven unit for the hand in the summer time. It seems to only work when you wear a jacket or long sleeved shirt with large open sleeves. I can never get it to work with the front buttons on a dark dress shirt. It is too bulky and gets caught everytime. Any suggestions? It is great in the winter time. Just a couple seconds of preparation to get a couple minutes worth of that mystified look in their eyes. WOW!

I hope the electrical tape suggestion works for all that read this.

Frank
magicmafia22
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmafia22
Try clkipping it to the top of your pants or belt or your inside pocket of a jacket, I would rather reccommend the original raven since its quieter, a lot quieter
cardandcoin
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of cardandcoin
The original raven is better.Its silent and quicker.Just needs a little practice to get comfortable with it.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I've never had a problem with noise. I think it's how I structure my presentations though. I am usually talking when the raven does it's dirty work, so nobody hears it. I think I would be a little worried about using if I just slapped a coin on my hand and vanished it. Then the noise might be noticeable and all the heat is on your hand at the important moment. I almost always do vanishes on the spectator's hand, so I'm directing them on how to hold their hand etc, and I also cue them that they will actually feel the coin vanish, so they put all their focus on their hand not mine or any outside noises. There are many gimmicks that can potentially make a little noise. To me, that's where the importance of presentation comes into play.

James Anthony
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Hi guys, I tried a search and could not find the answer.
Can anyone tell me if the reel raven uses a locking reel or just a plain cheapy one?
I like the standard raven, but would like to carry a reel raven in my pocket for those 'show me a trick' moments at parties and BBQs, I want to clip it on my armpit release some 'line' so its sitting by my cuff ready to be hooked and used if need be.

I have a locking reel already I can hook up to a spare raven, but it's old and quite noisey, sounds like a fishing reel!
So was wondering weather to buy a new reel raven if the one supplied is any good.

Cheers Smile
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
The regular Reel Raven is not a locking one. But I can say that with a minimum of practice, getting ready to use it is very easy and very natural. I've performed with my Reel Raven hundreds of times and I've never been burned on it. I personally find it a great utility device! One of my favorite effects to do for people was to do walk around fortunes. I would transform their quarter into a small fortune cookie-style fortune.

James Anthony
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
The reel raven is a useful tool. the original raven too.
you will have to experiment and practice with both a lot until you get comfortable using them. the original raven is my favourite. I never had any problems with either of them but it's just personal preference.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
I have the original raven, but I use lots of other magic effects that use the Reel and so many time I have magicians ask me how I did the effect, I tell them It’s Reel Magic and they hear Its Real Magic, Then they say to me, “you just wont tell me”. That’s when I know they are not into Reel Magic. Did anyone know that a 50 cents Bill pull reel can be made into a $40 effect? If you know about it Please don’t say the name of the effect, its one of the best Real Magic ever..

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Thanks Marco, reel useful info Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Mine is home made:)

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Reel raven, too noisy, raven a BIT noisy and not so versatile, subterfuge totally silent extremely versatile and can be done naked! LOL
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Is this kind of raven new? is it better than ravenx2?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » reel raven (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL