The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » No longer a Virgin thanks to Doug Higley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Myrsolon
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Myrsolon
Balaram,

I am so looking foward to going out and giving this a try too. Hopefully in ~5-6 weeks I'll be able to post a report of my own. Thanks for sharing your experiances here.

Steve
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of lin
Sounds like a very successful Sunday!

Congratulations!
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2009-01-12 22:48, Myrsolon wrote:
Balaram,

I am so looking foward to going out and giving this a try too. Hopefully in ~5-6 weeks I'll be able to post a report of my own. Thanks for sharing your experiances here.

Steve

How envious I am! Enjoy!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Doug Higley is cool.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Doug Higley is GOD.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Any of the following will fit much better though I do accept 'cool':

Old

Fat

Broke

News:
I have it on good authority the Mr. Ligon is about to join the 'family' due to an
Anonnymous Angel...hmmm
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Doug Higley is a cool, old, fat, and broke GOD. Just the way I like my gods.

Hm...Mr. Ligon doesn't yet own a Higley? My goodness.

I'm horny for my next paycheck. TRUTH. And when I get it, I'm a orderin some Higleys.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I apparently posted at the same time as Stoneunhinged, and mine vanished.

I'll try again!

Anonymous Angel, I don't know how to thank you enough. I am both pleased and embarrassed by your wonderful gesture, but I thank you with all my heart.

Doug, I also am

Old

Fat

Broke

but sometimes someone like the Anonymous Angel comes along and restores your faith in humanity. Thank you, again, Angel!

Stoneunhinged, I do own a Higley shrunken head that my son gave me just recently. I treasure it; my wife won't touch it, and that means a lot!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
And, yes, Doug is COOL!

Bill
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Magicians helping magicians...it IS the Café...don't let anybody tell ya different./ This bunch in spooky is the best of 'em all.

I've been the recipient of an Anon Angel myself as you know. No need to be embarassed...people do what they do...sometimes it's a great thing. Smile

I made an accidental donation myself recently of a Zibit to someone who couldn't afford it but wanted to buy one. So I made him a deal. I'll make the Zibit...he go out and show it and make the money then pay for the Zibit. As a rule I don't do that. Broke my own rule and naturally got it up the wazoo. I wound up donating it because he disappeared on me. He wrote that the show he did was not all that well attended blah blah blah...so I said no problem...just send it back then, no biggie. He said "OK I'll send it next week." Then promptly disappeared from the Café and the earth. Never heard from him again. or the Zibit. Takes all kinds. Of course I'll never do that again, can't afford to...they ruin it for everybody. I should post his name.

I've flat out donated befiore though...like to Slim and a couple of others. Got to take care of the brothers...it all comes around.
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Sorry to hear about that. I once lost a lot of money also by "for once" deciding I was gonna help someone in need.

its a shame but then it ruins it for everybody else.

that's how it is.

it takes many to mke up a world.
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
It is too bad that there are people out there who abuse other people's kindness. Bill, I'm so glad that you have an Anonymous Angel looking out for you!

As has been stated before...there is a wonderful brother/sisterhood that exists in the spooky corner of the Café, and it does my heart good to see such a caring group of people.

Cheers to all of you.
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Scenario...Bill takes the Zibit and makes a bunch of money...then has books written about him and parades and stuff...then he pays it forward. Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Here's MY scenario:

I buy lots of Higley props, store them and care for them and admire them, and wait 20 or 30 years. It's 2043, and Doug is dead (or his head is frozen like Ted Williams'), and I SELL EVERYTHING for gazillions and live happily ever after.

It's a good plan, I think.

Of course, in 2043 I'll be 80. But advances in medicine will mean I will have another 50 years to live with the wealth from my Higleys. WAIT! Maybe Doug will also still be alive, and my Higleys will only be worth marginally more than what I paid for them. That sucks.

Doug: as my friend, I hope you live to be 216 years old!

But as an investor, I say: live a couple more years and accept all my commissions, then CROAK. I promise I'll donate a dollar or two to the charity of your choice.
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

I'll line up for the Bill & Doug Parade!
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Bill, you are gonna LOVE it--the PERFECT Respite!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Just think about your posterity opening up the old trunk in the attic and discovering.....Great Grandpa was one weird, sick mother ****er! Holy ****! He collected dead monsters and...oh ****...are those human body parts????? Oh ****, should we call the FBI??

Now isn't that worth it just for that day?
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

I miss my sick mother********* of a gramps.......he sure did collect weird ****

I can't wait until my grand kids open up some old trunk long locked away in my attic. Mwaaaa-huaaa-huaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I've just read the Zibit manuscript today, and I just can't wait to do it! In spite of having to take care of my elderly mother-in-law (she's only 16 years older then me!), my wife has agreed to letting me have weekends free to show the Zibit! Wheee!

Angel and benefactor, I can't express my gratitude as I wish I could. I just don't have the words, but thank you so very much!

Bill
Myrsolon
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Myrsolon
Bill,

I'm very glad that you're joining the family of zibiters (many thanks to Bill's agent) I'm looking foward to a logging of your experiances here. I'm still a virgin but I've got a tent to practice with now! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » No longer a Virgin thanks to Doug Higley (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL