The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » PK ring effects (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
A good source is supermagnetman .net
he has them in n50 strength if you want.
Bardo
View Profile
New user
England
45 Posts

Profile of Bardo
Cap in bottle effect - 'Prohibition'. Easy to do and great reactions.
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
China seems to be hoarding the rare earth material. Good PK rings have doubled in price over the past year or so, and will go higher. I would recommend buying a couple and holding on to them. As Bowers mentioned above, Supermagnetman is an excellent source.
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Quote:
On 2012-01-09 22:47, bowers wrote:
The stoping watch will fry a spectator.

I was practicing stopping a watch using my own and it never restarted! I'm sure it was down to my poor handling but it scared me from ever trying it on a spectators watch.
rriggs
View Profile
New user
La Fontaine, Indiana
21 Posts

Profile of rriggs
It's hard to find, but Subterfuge is a good effect using a ring.
MerlinCrow
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of MerlinCrow
Quote:
On 2009-01-04 22:49, jimhlou wrote:
Have you tried stopping a watch?

Jim

You can stop a pacemaker to !!! now that is a hell of a trick...
(but seriously)

A PK ring is great fun and versatile indeed.
I put a little magnet in the filter of a cigarette so it can balance on my hand with a little practice.
Just remove a bit of the filter foam an glue it back so it will not pulled out by the magnetic force.

Merlin
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Stopping the watch has to be the number one best use for a PK ring but that's just, it really does just melt the spectators brain.
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Mainly used mine for CIB and stopping watch, must try did it out again
frankie5aces
View Profile
New user
Nowhere
77 Posts

Profile of frankie5aces
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2009, jimhlou wrote:
Have you tried stopping a watch?

Jim

this always scares the crap out of me.. I get that scared feeling like... "i really hope this starts moving again"
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I've never had an issue with people's watches being damaged. However, I've also never had a PK ring capable of doing it without placing it directly against the watch. I prefer to stop it while it's on their arm andnever touch the watch. You guys have rings powerful enough to do that??
It's all in the reflexes.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Who sells a quality siver strong pk ring. I live in UK.
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2012, Pompey2L.A. wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-09 22:47, bowers wrote:
The stoping watch will fry a spectator.

I was practicing stopping a watch using my own and it never restarted! I'm sure it was down to my poor handling but it scared me from ever trying it on a spectators watch.

I realize this post is 2 years old. Anyway it's new to me.

I recently got a current generation Super magnet man n50 PK ring with the field facing out, $30. Way more powerful than my cheap Chinese $5 ring. I have to say I'm a bit worried about the adverse capabilities of this ring. Someone said magnets don't clear credit card but they do room keys is wrong! Any magnetic data strip can be erased just like cassette tapes were in the past. I also worry about damaging the geo sensor in my iphone 5. I have an app that measures magnetic field and when it's being overloaded shows red. Just holding my phone with this ring is overloading the meter. I also think my signal strength could be affected as it drops from LTE to 3G when I wear my PK N50 ring. As for worrying about damaging a watch, one thing to consider is that most automatic mechanical watches these days are very expensive watches. I don't see any "cheap" mechanical watches being sold. I have a $5000 automatic Hublot watch and I've stopped and started it but how many times can a watch take being magnetized? Also as this poster stated his didn't restart. Can you imagine coming up to me and saying look I can stop your watch, stopping my watch and it not restarting? I'd say it worked before and now it doesn't, I'll send you the repair bill!

If you see these names I'd avoid playing with these watches! http://luxatic.com/top-29-most-expensive......in-2010/
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Ordered both the ring and the DVD and excited to get it, but really just waiting to get Prohibition which seems to be universally liked.
Crownhart
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Crownhart
Chop cup routines are great if you are a table hopper. There are many quick routines out there and with a restaurant cup you are ready to go. I approach the table and say excuse me but I need to replace your cup with a new one. I give them a clean cup and use their cup on the table for the trick. Really fun and the watch stopping trick is an excellent closer. :o)
SinCIRCUSly,

Michael C. Crownhart
blue dragon magic
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of blue dragon magic
These days the ring comes with a DVD to get you going but as for me I use it like a raven with lethal tender where the coin changes place it uses a shimmed card I take away the card and use the ring instead. My problem with any magnet source is forgetting I have it on handle my wallet and now I have erased the magnetic strip on the back of my bank card.
MagicDan3333
View Profile
New user
Sun Prairie, WI
38 Posts

Profile of MagicDan3333
I often use a PK ring for the Body Language effect on the street. It gets a good response.
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
Has anyone perfected a good pk ring/ chop cup routine? Something like chop! By Craig petty?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I use a PK ring for chop instead of the sharpie. Works better for me.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Some PK ring effects I didn't see mentioned here are Miser's Dream and Coin into Balloon.
Vitas White
View Profile
New user
Boston
51 Posts

Profile of Vitas White
There are some brilliant DVDs out there with plenty of PK effects. However, I understand the whole thing about the ring making too much noise. I recently purchased the Silent Assistant from SansMinds. It's a tad bit expensive for what it is, but it gets the job done and I've been happy with my purchase. It is 10x quieter than a traditional PK ring. Maybe give it a shot! https://www.sansminds.com/product/silent-assistant/
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it now. Boldness has genius, power, and magic at its core.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » PK ring effects (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL