We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Einstein flunked out of school? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of hypno_mentalist
Cool news ))
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11634 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Very hard to believe.

Sidebar: Years ago in Germany going to college, I had a Professor Kohn who was taught by Einstein. I was taking an astronomy course.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3597 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Even today, conventional is the norm. In some cases, they actually can fail you for finding the correct answer in a different way! If one is too smart, they run the risk of being labelled dumb...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
trear
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of trear
Einstein was not a good pupil at all, and yes, his teachers didn't hope anything from him. Maybe the environnement of school was not the best for him... Whatever, he succeded ! Well, don't believe all dumb people are genius Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2573 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I believed the story that Einstein did poorly in school, but I never thought it indicated that he was "stupid" or "mentally challenged" but rather that he was thinking in different directions from the teachers who couldn't handle real "independent thought."
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Andonov
View Profile
New user
Bulgaria
8 Posts

Profile of Andonov
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 21:02, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 22:35, The.Amazing.Boy wrote:
This is true and well known, not a myth at all...

It is a myth. Einstein did not thrive at everything in school, but he was not stupid and did not perform poorly. He showed a flare for mathematics but little flare for languages. He passed his final exams and got into college without difficulty. It is a pure urban legend that he was poor at school. Hogwash.

This. It's a comforting thought though. Even if you do poorly at school you can be the next Einstein! Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way Smile.
derrenshowman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of derrenshowman
They is still hope for dumb people.. ha
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
576 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Magicfreak2.....I know that this is old but.......E=MCsquared!! You have just rewritten the theory of relativity!!
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
It's always fun to see how often old topics come back into discussion.
LesPaltaX
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of LesPaltaX
Einstein's marks report is actually on the internet. He had lots of 1's and 2's.
The thing is, in Germany, at the time, 1 was the best mark and 6 was the worst, so he did actually pretty good at almost everything.

Myth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Einstein flunked out of school? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL