The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Chest of Nostradamus (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
See NC near the start of this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF1TzTEGOW4
:pirate:
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Doug, I wish you would have performed for me as kid... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Have one of these in perfect condition if someone wants to save a bit on the list price. ($200 US includes shipping with tracking #. PM if interested.)
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Hi all.. the chest I had for sale has now been been sold.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2011-04-09 14:30, Potty the Pirate wrote:
See NC near the start of this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF1TzTEGOW4
:pirate:

Looks great...
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Is it possible to use this trick for another effect then ACAAN? Can I use this box like Kennedy's Mystery box in order to produce a card selected by the spectator? For example, the magician shows ten cards, and makes disappear the card that the spectator thinks of (thanks to the Princess card principle), and produce that card in the chest of Nostradamus. In fact, I am not interested in the ACAAN effect, because it seems to me stronger to reveal the exact card in the box (there is juste the prediction in the box) without counting cards of a deck. I am interested in this product if I can use it for others effects. Thank you for helping me.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2011-11-14 15:12, lyoma wrote:
Is it possible to use this trick for another effect then ACAAN? Can I use this box like Kennedy's Mystery box in order to produce a card selected by the spectator? For example, the magician shows ten cards, and makes disappear the card that the spectator thinks of (thanks to the Princess card principle), and produce that card in the chest of Nostradamus. In fact, I am not interested in the ACAAN effect, because it seems to me stronger to reveal the exact card in the box (there is juste the prediction in the box) without counting cards of a deck. I am interested in this product if I can use it for others effects. Thank you for helping me.

You cannot use the Nostradamus Chest as a Kennedy's Mystery box in order to produce a selected card. The purpuse of this Chest is only to produce a prediction card at any number (CAAN). But I think it's a marvelous method to do it. If you want to produce any selected chosen card in a box that looks more deceptive than Mystery box, you may want to take a look at Magic Wagon's Clearly impossible box. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&2
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
...but even the Clearly impossible box won't work in combination with your Princess card effect, as the card is clearly inside the box at the beginning...
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I ordered this a few days ago. Very excited for it. Will post my thoughts
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
You should be delighted!
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Dear simcoscor

Thank you very much. I think Clearly impossible box can be used for my purpose. The effect is not the same, though. If I understand, I do not need to use an extra index, do I? In place of moving the selected card into an empty box, it is now a kind of paradox card: A card placed at the beginning reveals later to be the very card the spectator has selected.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Lyoma, I PM'd you
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Also consider Gaetan Bloom's "Intercessor" for impossible torn card to any location. A VERY strong effect, without limits.....
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just got this and read through it. Very very devious method. Definitely not something I would ever suspect. Can't wait to work with this. Very happy with the purchase
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Ok, been working with this a lot. Wow, this is really really good. finally showed the wife who has knocked down everything new I've been showing her. This one impressed her. The method is actually what makes this look so fair. Worth the money---wish I could say that about the last few $30 purchases I made.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Here is the stand you want to hang your Nostradamus Chest http://www.finehomedisplays.com/proddetail.asp?prod=430
The 10" brass finish is perfect for it. It will makes everything look much more naturel.
Thanks to Magichunter Smile
Quote:
On 2009-06-29 20:45, magichunter wrote:
Also in a prior post on 26 February 2009 Eric Samuels said "The only thing that might strike some as a negative, is the unusual nature of a box suspended from chains. I think it's all an issue of presentation and storytelling; it should be quite easy to explain that this is a way to ensure the contents are in full view and no 'dirty business' can possibly be done with the box hanging from your finger".

Again for those who have this item, I can recommend a approx. $10 "upgrade" to solve this "problem." For an example, see the link below.

http://www.finehomedisplays.com/proddetail.asp?prod=478brd

With this everything makes sense. There are many other places to get a similar item so shop around.

Joe
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is there a way to modify this effect to where the particiapant can remove the prediction card from the envelope?
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Yes, but not as good, at least not the method I'm thinking of.Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

For stage use - you can use multiple outs. If you check out my vid above, you'll see that the spectator turns the card around herself. Don't want to give my method out on an open forum, but if you give it some thought, you'll likely realise what I've done.
This method also allows the use of any cards too, so no issue with the "st**k" that might be spotted (though it would be highly unlikely.) And the prediction card is an ungimmicked jumbo card.
Doug
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Anyone selling one of these? Am rather intrigued/interested. Please pm me if selling one.

Best,

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Chest of Nostradamus (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL