The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » Scam school (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Jeez- I thought he was going to tip "Shufflebored" after he showed how to get the quarter into the glass, but thankfully he didn't!
Martin Kristjansen
View Profile
New user
Aalborg, Denmark
19 Posts

Profile of Martin Kristjansen
I found scam school when my interest in magic grew to something more "serious" so to speak and Brian helped that interest grow. Yeah, you could call some of it exposure but it is not like the biggest secrets he shows people. And those who come by are mostly people who would like to do trick themselves. As I see it he shows people how easy you can trick people with very simple stuff/technique/preparation.

I would recommend scam school as a place to get inspiration for presentation of the tricks. He makes you see the tip of the iceberg of different magic fields and shows you how it could be done. Brian has a quite strange personality and that is what I like about him. You can see how he is a part of the trick instead of "showing" a trick.
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Latest episode of Scam School reveals the secret of the Invisible Deck and how to make it using RF type s***y

This is not just a stunt or betcha
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Scam School is soo good boardering on exposure. There is some gems in there in between all the adverts. Greig
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
I can't comment on the exposure issue, but its a great little show, some great tricks, and excellent delivery and performance Smile
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
What you peoples think of his booktest ?
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Did any one try Brian's book test yet ?
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
Thy have this ring I want to get, the deluxe version comes with a saw and a lockpick I think.
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
Scam School is pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up...
Jinx18
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Jinx18
I find it ok. a lot of lame things with a couple of higher end tricks.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
While a lot of older magicians seem to despise Bushwood, I really enjoy his show and books and he's one of the reasons I got interested in magic.
Alex McInroy
View Profile
New user
Corning, NY
71 Posts

Profile of Alex McInroy
I've always loved magic, but Scam School is the reason I decided to learn. A lot of people are upset about the invisible deck, but that's a VERY old trick in need of an update. It should really always be followed by a deck switch because "trick deck" is going to be the first theory from everyone.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Brian sucks once again .. he will be exposing in a fake Houdini seance...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Personally, I like Scam School. Of course, I may be biased by the episodes to which I've contributed. Smile
TheMagicHacker
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of TheMagicHacker
I can say that Scam School may have been the biggest factor in getting me into magic. I'm still very new to the art, but I routinely use things that I've learned from the show because they're really simple but they've got plenty of impact.
Otto D
View Profile
New user
London, UK
24 Posts

Profile of Otto D
Scam school is great, as it gives you tricks which have a high impact, and it has helped me to start doing basic sleights and have to confidence to approach people to do magic. It's interesting and Brian makes it great.
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
My favorites are still matchbook related tricks, bar bet and pranks.
some of the good ones are: the Human Jack o lantern, Human chimney..
Maybe its because there is an element of danger, people are both afraid and engaged , and want to be involved when I do it.
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
I enjoy Scam School.. but.. my one problem with Brian is that he refuses to credit. It would be so easy to take an extra three or four seconds and give the source. He would also stay in better graces with the 'older' magicians by doing so.. JMHO
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
RichardIngram
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RichardIngram
Crediting seems to be hit or miss, he occasionally gives some credit - but it isn't consistent.
RichardIngram
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RichardIngram
I should mention that I do love the show and the feeling of the experience. It is also nice to see that it has gotten others to be interested in the art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » Scam school (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL