The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New Prevaricator + DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I understand Patrick Redford discussed this at a recent lecture. Does anyone have news of a release date?
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Ask to Patrick, he's member here
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
He's busy until the 20th, traveling the world performing and lecturing. I don't want to overwhelm his inbox... my question isn't an emergent one, Just trying to put my curiousity to rest.

Thanks, though, for the response. Peace.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Did you try to see if his product website has any info?

Nathan
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I would urge you to look at subscribing to his newsletter/blog on his website, you will hear all about it direct from the "Redford's mouth", so to speak!
:)

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2009-03-04 20:06, Davit Sicseek wrote:

BROWN NOSERS UNITED!

Strange I was thinking that of your post.

You know some one with their head up their backside.

I would imagine you could use a breath mint also considering your rather uncomfortable position.

-j im

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
LukePreston
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of LukePreston
Quote:
On 2009-03-04 20:06, Davit Sicseek wrote:
So you know that he's traveling the world performing and lecturing... yet don't know about his upcoming product release.

Looks like hype, sounds like hype. Of course, I'm sure you're only asking so that the community as a whole can have the benefit of your findings.

I'm sure that even an international jet-setter like Mr. Redford doesn't have serious overwhelming issues with his mail box, particularly if he is traveling and performing in the developed world.

BROWN NOSERS UNITED!

No idea if the original post was a 'hype' or 'brown-nose' one. It may be worth mentioning that the 'Prevaricator +' thingy is being published by someone other than Patrick Redford, so it's quite possible someone could know his movements but wonder if anyone could provide info about the release date.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
It's amazing how much distress a simple email causes.

I emailed Mr. Redford about Prevaricator + a few times about three weeks ago and never got a response (I assume because he was busy with his paying job as a performer, which is fair. He may also be unsure of the release date... it may depend on the video editor... who knows?). I saw someone post they'd heard in "Inner Thoughts" that he was going to release the DVD "soon." I'm a new user; I can't find or have no access to Inner Thoughts (assuming Inner Thoughts is part of this website). I thought I might get a good answer quickly by asking around here. Like I said, it isn't an emergency... but it never hurts to ask.

I want Prevaricator. I'm already familiar with the method, but I don't feel I have the right to perform it without owning the work first. However, I don't want to buy the manuscript if the DVD is coming out soon (and I understand it is, whatever "soon" means) because it looks like the DVD will be a better value, with insights not included in the original manuscript.

I do have some shows coming up, and might not want to wait for the DVD... but I don't want to feel I could've spent the money better by waiting a few weeks.

That's the reason for my post.

By the way, I know Mr. Redford/Tait is travelling because he sent a MASS email to those on his mailing list two days ago letting them know he'll be away for a few weeks. Seems he was letting people know that he couldn't fill orders while he was gone, so people wouldn't be upset if they're stuff didn't come in the mail right away.

Now... does anyone really know anything about this release?
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2009-03-04 21:44, kambiz wrote:
I would urge you to look at subscribing to his newsletter/blog on his website, you will hear all about it direct from the "Redford's mouth", so to speak!

Kam

Thanks, Kam. I missed that. I'll follow that avenue.

-Mike
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
No worries Mike,

It disappoints me the number of times I see the more "experienced" participants at the Café disrespect others simply because they feel they have the "right" to do so....there sometimes is just far too much ego amongst the community.....it would be a refreshing delight to see the "experienced" develop they're humility for the "less-experienced" to learn and be inspired by Smile

To all the "experienced" performers having coffee here....not everyone with under 30,000 posts is necessarily a YouTube Ellusionist "magic secret" dealer...yes we have all been stung by these leaches, but give newcomers a chance and let them smell the aroma of our coffee beans Smile

Kam
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
P.s most Café frequenters OVER 30,000 posts are actually quite spiritual beings....yes that is a reference to you Nathan Smile

Looking for a Patrick Redford poster to put up above my bed, next to my Jerome Finley one, any ideas on where I can source one.....Nathan??
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
The impression I got, when I was at the Patrick Redford lecture at Tannens a month or two ago, was that this project's release was many many months away at best. Joshua Jay was/is quite involved in the production and much skilled work appears to be being put into it. Based on what we heard the DVD will be a very interactive and innovative approach to teaching Prevaricator +, which as we saw, is a masterpiece of an effect.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Hmmm. Many many months away? That helps my decision. Thanks! That's what I'm looking for.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Kam,

If you ask PR real nice I'll bet you can get one...My Jerome poster is too big for any others to be on my wall.

Nathan
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
As usual, Davit is a bit of a dissenting voice, but that doesn't make him wrong.

In this particular instance, however, Davit does happen to be wrong. For the record, the last time I communicated with Patrick (March 3), he was about to fly into Denmark en route to Finland.

As for hype, I can't speak for it except to say this: I happen to know about some of the material in this release and it will definitely find a spot in my performances. To me, that is the highest praise I can give but, with that being said, it doesn't mean anything to anybody else except I think that "hype" isn't accurate.

But, that is just my opinion, Davit is as entitled to his and, frankly, I sort of like that he rocks the boat a little. It can come off a little insulting but I don't choose to see it that way.

Lem
Joel Givens
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Joel Givens
Hey guys,

I can speak about this because I've talked with my buddy Joshua Jay
about his new venture (with Andi Gladwin) called Vanishing Inc Magic.
They are producing the Prevaricator DVD and it's going to be really
innovative in its structure. It will have nearly THIRTY performances
of Patrick doing the trick all over NYC (according to Josh he hit
EVERY SINGLE TIME, which is hard to even believe), and then he teaches
all the nuances, borrowed bill variations, and outs. Supposedly it
will come with some secret PDF file too. Finally, there will be a kind
of interactive quiz segment where you can watch footage of people and
"practice" the techniques in the comfort of your living room. I've
never met Patrick Redford but I love his work, and this should be one
to watch for!

Thanks,

Joel Givens
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
I've signed up for Patrick's Prevaricator workshop at the South Tyneside International Magic Festival on the 15th March. I'll write a review the week after if that's any help?

S
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
The reason why I was characteristically skeptical is because I recall seeing a thread discussing this exact subject just a few days ago. In that thread, Patrick stated that it would probably be a while before it was out, that it was gonna be priced reasonably, that he wasn't doing the release personally etc etc etc etc etc.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 19:27, Davit Sicseek wrote:
The reason why I was characteristically skeptical is ...

Hey, no need to explain yourself, although I did find it enlightening as I did not read the other thread. I also do not know the details of the release (who is putting it out, price, release date, etc.). All I know is a portion of the contents (which I did NOT submit, so this isn't a personal thing at all) and that portion was pretty nifty (hopefully nifty avoids any semblance of hype).

I also know I will pick this up when it comes out for sure. I may not end up being happy with that, but, based on what I know, I consider being unhappy with this purchase to be quite unlikely.

But, back to topic, as I said, no idea when it is coming out.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Thanks Davit, but be nice about it bro Smile (your perfectly capable)

Thanks Stuart would be keen to read about your impressions..

Kam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New Prevaricator + DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL