The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » New Magic Shop around Philadelphia area (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
It seems that all of the magic shops around Philadelphia has closed. I just went to one today in Lansdale, PA. It is called Kurts Magic World at 713 West Main Street Lansdale, PA 19446
215.528.9488 (Rear of Building). Kurt is a very talented magician and a very nice guy. I spent over an hour in the shop taling magic while he showed me some very cool effects. I just thought I would pass this on to anyone around Philly.

Mike
John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
Mike

My wife saw an article in the paper at the start of the year about Kurt's Magic World and I have been there every Saturday since. Kurt knows the stuff he sells because he uses most of it in his shows. If he does not use it he tries it out and will not carry something that is not good or worth the money.
His knowledge and experience coupled with his ability to do a good patter along with executing the mechanics of the trick are tremendous.
He comes up with great ideas about adding to the routine of a trick to make it even better.
Having someone near enough to drive to for lessona is also an advantage.
I have seen Kurt deal with young children thru older adults at the store and he has a real enthusiasm for doing magic and helping others.
I did not know him before going to the store but I am so much better off now for what he is providing me as a customer.

John
santaseviltwin
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of santaseviltwin
After learning that the Magic Sojourn shop in Bristol Pa had closed I couldn't find another shop in the area. I am in Sales at a Verizon Wireless store in the area and was dealing with a customer who had a need that we could fill. In our wireless discussions he mentioned that he owned a magic shop. I soon after visited him at Kurt's Magic World in Lansdale. While the shop is offerings are great. Kurt is a masterrful magician and a great teacher. I advise anyone within the Delaware Valley to pay a visit and check his web site.
santaseviltwin
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of santaseviltwin
After learning that the Magic Sojourn shop in Bristol Pa had closed I couldn't find another shop in the area. I am in Sales at a Verizon Wireless store in the area and was dealing with a customer who had a need that we could fill. In our wireless discussions he mentioned that he owned a magic shop. I soon after visited him at Kurt's Magic World in Lansdale. While the shop is offerings are great. Kurt is a masterrful magician and a great teacher. I advise anyone within the Delaware Valley to pay a visit and check his web site.
magicgolferman
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicgolferman
Hey, thanks for posting this! I will hopefully be able to check that out in the near future! Also, check out WC Magic in West Chester, pa. It is a smaller shop, but has helped me tremendously.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
When did the Bristol shop close? I look forward to visiting Kurt's
Frank
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
It closed last July 2008. I don't think John reopened. Another shop opened in Philadelphia called Trick Zone. I met the owner Seth Rovner, a nice guy and will help you with all your magical needs. So now we have 3 magic shops in the Philadelphia area. Trick Zone in the city, Kurts Magic in Lansdale and WC Magic in West Chester.

Mike
nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
There is a magic shop on Route 70 in Cherry Hill called Rick Saphire's Magic Shop.
See: http://www.themagicshop.info/
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I've been to Kurt's and it is a good spot (especially being 5 minutes from my house).

I saw the magic show on route 70 one time and was unable to find any info on that. Thanks Nagi. I will have to check that out when I'm in the area.
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
I regularly shop at The Magic Shop in Cherry Hill. Rick Saphire's an all around good guy.

Keith F.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I just found this thread after inquiring about a magic shop near Philly that I could visit when I'm there in June. I plan on phoning the Lansdale shop tomorrow.

Hocus Pocus was the place on 4th Street, off South Street I used to visit, but Irv Furman, the owner died several years ago and now the shop is a trinket shop. He had some sweet props and stuff in there. I hope they found good homes rather than the auction block.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Timmyvie
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Timmyvie
I go to Kurt's Magic World all the time.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Same here -- Kurt is a good friend, talented magician and very generous with his time and teaching. He also hosts a 1st-Monday magic "club" at the Lansdale Borough Public Library. And Mingus Magic in the Reading area is another great place owned by Wayne Shifflet, who is another gem of a magician and person.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
South Street Magic is now at 617E Passyunk Ave around the corner from where it used to be.
richburb
View Profile
New user
Always something new... except when there isn't.
22 Posts

Profile of richburb
This is a pretty old thread, but to keep it current, Kurt's Magic World has been sold as of October 1st, 2017 and is now under new ownership with the name Main Street Magic Shop. It still stocks the same items that Kurt did. You might even find Kurt at the shop as he still stops in regularly.
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Is South Street Magic still open?
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Danny Archer - Smoke and Mirrors in Phila area has a magic shop
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
wljarvis
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of wljarvis
Looking for a mingus botanical Blue and White
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » New Magic Shop around Philadelphia area (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL