The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite quotes (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”
- Shane
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Just found ...
"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." Samuel Adams
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Don't hate da playa, hate da game.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I'm not familiar with this one but it sounds fun. Can you parse it for me and explain the word "da" and "playa"?Who/where is this from?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2018, magicfish wrote:
I'm not familiar with this one but it sounds fun. Can you parse it for me and explain the word "da" and "playa"?Who/where is this from?

Sure, no problem.
"Don't hate the playa, hate the game." - Ice T: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p......e%20Game
"Don't hate da playa, hate da game." - Dynamike. It means the same thing. It is a shortcut for when a person is too lazy to say "the" at the moment.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He tries to shoehorn this quote at every opportunity.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
"Ultimately, all guns were ruled by old splitfoot."

Stephen King (The drawing of the three)
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:

Sure, no problem.
"Don't hate the playa, hate the game." - Ice T: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p......e%20Game
"Don't hate da playa, hate da game." - Dynamike. It means the same thing. It is a shortcut for when a person is too lazy to say "the" at the moment.

Interesting, however "the" has the same number of syllables as "da", so how does one take more effort than the other? Where does laziness enter into It?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Everybody wanna' be a bodybuilder, nobody wanna' lift the heavy-ass weights! ( Ronnie Coleman, 8 time Mr. Olympia )
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:

Sure, no problem.

Interesting, however "the" has the same number of syllables as "da", so how does one take more effort than the other? Where does laziness enter into It?

When one is writing...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
No good deed goes unpunished.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
No act of charity goes unresented!

Oh, I’m sorry. I thought this was the “Broadway Show Tunes Lyrics” thread!

um, let’s see;

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,
then you’ve misjudged the situation... badly!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
For many, many years in modern life we prided ourselves on greater morals and being smarter than we were in the Middle Ages, but I think that online mannerisms are very close to open-square stonings many hundreds of years ago when people were f---ing barbarians."
-Tobias Forge
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Man had always considered himself to be smarter than the dolphins because he had invented so much; the wheel, New York City, nuclear warfare. Where as all the dolphins had ever done is muck around in the water, having a good time. Oddly enough, the dolphins felt exactly the opposite, for exactly the same reasons! - Douglas Adams
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
David Bond
View Profile
Regular user
Maple Valley, WA
107 Posts

Profile of David Bond
I once decided to come up with my own "quote". Here is what I came up with:

Scientists change our perception of reality. Engineers change reality
- David Bond
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I think you ought to know, I’m feeling very depressed. - Marvin, the paranoid android.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, David Bond wrote:
I once decided to come up with my own "quote". Here is what I came up with:

Scientists change our perception of reality. Engineers change reality
- David Bond

Good one!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
“Let joy be unconfined! Let there be singing in the tavern, dancing in the street, and necking in the parlor!”-Groucho Marx
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
"The guy who invented the wheel was an idiot and a fool.. the guy who invented the other 3 was the genius." - can't remember
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
My wife reminded me of an Ashleigh Brilliant quote, "I only want the chance to prove that money won't make me happy."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite quotes (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL