The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Does anyone have a pattern or information on making a good rabbit bag to enable one to steal a rabbit for a load in a hat for example?
Daniel Faith
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Simple cloth with knotted corners held together with a bulldog clip would work.
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
I've tried the cloth thing...nowhere near secure enough, unless you're planning on opening with it.

Abbott's sells a pre-made bag. You can get their catalog on http://www.abbottmagic.com. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I can't review it.

I was at Petco today, and they sell some carrying bags made for ferrets that I think would make good rabbit bags with a little customization (you'd need to make the opening larger). They are walled with that heavy duty mesh that they use for animal carriers, so the rabbit would be able to breath just fine.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Eric Sharp has plans in his book.
Dennis Michael
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
I checked the Sharp book. No plans for the bag, he just says "a rectangular bag with Velcro at the top."

I wonder if it's possible to get that heavy duty mesh. What I would like to build is a bag that has a solid floor, so the rabbit would be comfortable with his feet on the ground, entirely walled with the mesh.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You have a good idea Zack. I am concerned about my rabbits comfort. He will not be produced until near the end of the show. Perhap 30-35 minutes in the bag.

I am going to check out the ferret bags. Never even thought of that.

I tried the cloth thing and it works but I don't know about through an entire show.
Let me know if you come up with anything workable.

Thanks
Smile
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Bag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL