The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Platt’s Back - "Blackout!” (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I had been anxiously awaiting a “surprise” from our Brian Platt here on the Café for weeks now. You might know of Platt’s “Catapult” DVDs where he introduced his brilliant move, the Fanning Pitch. One could see from that initial work that this dude has a unique mind for magic, along with a sorta deadpan presentation that just works and makes you smile. His magical ideas are interesting and well thought out and he always gives you great value in making sure you have several ways, methods and effects as to his offerings - He's very cerebral like that. Smile Basically, Platt is the complete package and we have waited a while for his next effort. Well, it’s here and it’s a doozy!

Blackout! is an amazing new coin that allows you to perform just unbelievable magic. Platt takes you through from introduction to final thoughts as to the magic and then gives you nearly 10 effects to show it off. All the effects are great tricks and many can enhance what you’re already doing in the ways of coins across, vanishes, reproductions, etc. The “Vanish” possibilities are endless and remarkably clean and Platt walks you through the technique every step of the way. I love all the suggested effects as the magic is clean and strong and it allows for you to figure out your own uses, just tremendous overall flexibility. I can even see some possibilities for my Crimp Change to make it even more amazing.

Effects included on the DVD include:

-Tenkai Pennies on Acid
-Basic Blackout! Vanish
-JFK Gets s Makeover
-Reflection: 3 Coins Across
-Platt’s Across
-Matrix Possibilities
-Williamson Striking Vanish?
-Fun with Muscle Pass/Production/Invisible Purse
-The Ear Trick

Man, that's some coins across stuff Platt...Amazing! Smile And Tenkai ain't never did nothing like that. Smile

This magic is some real good thinking, work and technique as to making it happen, including the meticulous hands of Master Craftsman, Roy Kueppers and his work is beautiful. Platt provides this coin in a variety of makes including, Kennedy half dollar, Walking Liberty half, Morgan dollar and even quarter-size and more. Trust me, you’re going to want this. Smile Platt has thought-up another winner and from now on it’s going to be a good thing to Blackout! just about anywhere.

You can get this from his Amazing Platt website at http://www.PlattMagic.com There’s a whole lot of good magic there but this new effect, Blackout! is killer!

Great job man, just brilliant! Now excuse me as I gotta go play some more with this thing and I'll be using it immediately too. I love this kind of magic, not difficult to do, leaves all sorts of room for imagination and creativity and ramps up the magic to the level of absolutely impossible.

The possibilities are endless and so seemingly is the magic from the mind and family of Brian Platt. Wow!!! Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Thank you for such a nice review MB! You're one of the sickest coin manipulators we have here, so it's a huge compliment coming from you.

I'm happy to announce that after nearly a year of planning and production, Blackout! is now available for purchase at plattmagic.com. You can find a video demo there as well. I want to offer a special 10% discount (on everything at the site) for the first month for Café members. Simply enter this coupon code when you checkout: Caféfriend (no accent mark necessary). I've known most of you for a long time now so (excluding those brand new to the Café) if you have any specific questions you would like answered, feel free to PM and I'll answer everything to the best of my abilities.

Best,
Platt
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
That looks great! I loved the catapult DVD although I'm not as proficient as Mr. Platt. Smile I'm hoping to buy this one soon.
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
This looks really good. I also enjoyed watching the muscle click pass.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Great job!
Congratulations from Manila!

Gotta order this!

rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I can find demo clips. When Platt site says 'Click on our "Products" section to see product video demos.' does that mean the 'Our Products' link on the right? Clicking there just puts me back to the previous page I was on. Know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2009-04-26 17:48, ehands wrote:
I can find demo clips. When Platt site says 'Click on our "Products" section to see product video demos.' does that mean the 'Our Products' link on the right? Clicking there just puts me back to the previous page I was on. Know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.

I went to the site and you are absolutely correct. Once you're in the "online store" section, you can't click on the links on the right panel. Simply type "plattmagic.com" back into your address bar and click on the "products" section on the top to see the video demos and descriptions. Sorry for the confusion. We just went live with the site so we're getting a few little bugs out of the system.

Platt
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Please don't flame me...but is this different from jay sankey's method?
Deckless Wonder
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Hi Phread, no worries! I'm a huge fan of Jay Sankey and I particularly love his coin work. I haven't personally seen anything like this from Jay but through a crazy BA search here at the Café I saw a post that suggested he might have done something in this vain on a dvd. That's not surprising. There's a ton of people, including Dean Dill (I'm told) who have used BA in very creative ways. Before I created Blackout! I tried with very limited success to pull off what's possible with Blackout! with a home made coin. It simply doesn't work. Not in close-up. What I'm most proud of, Phread, is the unimaginatlvely crazy amount of blood sweat and tears (literally) that went into creating a coin that could both be thrown on a table or sit in your open palm right under a spectator's nose and be above suspicion. And just a second later be absolutely hidden in darkness- right in front of your spectators eyes! After dozens of prototypes and a year later (again literally) we finally came upon a coin architecture that allowed for this. Furthermore this coin can be used in absolutely any lighting and with nearly any black article of clothing. I give all the credit to my father and the exceedingly kind and giving Roy Kueppers. OK, I'll quit rambling. If you have any questions about the proprietary construction of this coin, the inherent challenges of BA with coins, and what makes this coin work, please PM and I'll be happy to talk about it (with probably more detail than you want to hear!)

Very Best,

Platt
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
I just answered ur pm...i have NO issue with anyone!!!!!!
I wish continued success, having seen the demo's on platt's web site, I am sure his method is very creative as this man has a remarkable skill with coins!
Deckless Wonder
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Just saw your PM. All good Phread! Now that I know what you're talking about with Sankey (also very creative by the way), it's actually quite different. So sorry for the ramble.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
I had great pleasure playing with this past weekend. First let me say Platt and others have worked real hard to put out a top notch product. Over a year in planning and tweaking has paid off in my mind. This product is for everyone beginner to well season magicians. Platt took a stage idea and brought it into a close-up setting. Platt goes into great detail on how this project started the ups and downs and how they solved the problems. I personally like that kind of thing it makes you appreciate what you get more. IMHO

What you get is a well crafted gaff made by Roy Kuepper's from Canada. A DVD explaining everything about the product and ten yes that's right ten routines using this gaff, to get you started.

Tenkai Pennies on Acid - Is the first routine taught. This is one of my favorites! This has to be one of the cleanest one coin across I have seen to date. You clearly show a coin in each hand at the same time palm up then close your hands around the coins and reopen them and one coin has traveled to the other hand. It's the closest thing to real magic.

Basic Vanish - This is so freaking clean and EASY it's not even funny. Use it as a single effect or use it at the end of an exciting effect for a complete vanish the choice is yours.

JFK Gets a Makeover - This is fun little effect where JFK changes his appearance on the coin. Its whimsical. If you don't like the JFK idea then use the same technique for changing the coin into another object.

Reflection: 3 Coins Across - One issue with all coins across routine is that last coin to travel it never seems to be as strong as the others, until now, add this gaff to your existing coins across and you'll have one of the strongest ending. No transferring of the coin from hand to hand no funny moves just show the last coin in your hand close it then open and the coin has vanished and join the others. Can't get any cleaner then that my friends.

Platt's Across - Here's another favorite of mine ! A half Dollar and a penny transpo then appear in the same hand. Great for Walk Around or Table Hopping. Strong magic

Matrix Possibilities -If Matrix's are your thing then you're going to want to check out this gimmick it can really open some different avenues for you and your Matrixing. (is that even a word?)

Williamson Striking Vanish - What can I say about this. The strike vanish itself is as sweet as candy but use this gaff with that concept and you'll have no coin anywhere to be found.

Fun with Muscle Pass/Production/Invisible Purse - The title speaks for itself

The Ear Trick - You show two coins a quarter and a half dollar in your hand take out the quarter which turns invisible and place it behind your ear, then take out the half dollars which turns invisible and place it behind your other ear. Your hands are empty now, then you proceed to produce the coins from behind your ear right where you placed them a moment ago. Niiice !!

In conclusion I can't recommend this product enough, a lot of time and energy has been put into this, Platt has covered all his bases to give you a high quality product with a lot of applications you can do with it. Now it's up to us to do just that.

Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
I have to say that I was very impressed with Brian's BLACKOUT. A lot of work and thought went into this.

Now are there other effects the use "BA?" - well yes, it's a very broad principle. It is applied quite nicely here. The gaff is a Kuepper's production and it's of high quality. Nothing slipshod here. The DVD - like Catapult - is crammed full of info. You will know not only how this coin works, but why it works and the history behind Brian's work.

Tenkai Pennies on Acid - Nice and clean!

Basic Vanish - Shows you how to use this little gem.

JFK Gets a Makeover - Platt gets away with de-facing a president. I know Brian's sense of humor and I have a sneaking suspicion he was dying to include this particular effect.

Reflection: 3 Coins Across - Agree with Tim here. The last coin to go is usually the weakest transfer. Use BLACKOUT in the sequence and you've just made it one of the strongest.

Platt's Across - Simple & Direct!

Matrix Possibilities - I specifically refrained from watching the explanation to this and lemme tell you, even being in the "know", it took me a while to reconstruct this routine. Beautiful thinking.

Williamson Striking Vanish - My mind is already running wild with possibilities.

Fun with Muscle Pass/Production/Invisible Purse - Need another reason to learn the muscle pass? Here it is. Then Platt has the ROV Tumbling Muscle Click Pass. Check it out on his website.

The Ear Trick - Produce a coin from behind the ear, standard fare - NOT!!! This ain't your dad's coin behind the ear trick. Oh so clean. Nevermind the "too perfect theory" This is perfect.

The best thing about BLACKOUT is that it isn't just a pre-packaged trick that you do straight out of the box, just like they showed you on the dvd and just like everyone else will be doing it. This is a utility that you can introduce into your work and really enhance what you're working on. Let your creativity flow and see where else this can take you. Great work Brian! This is a winner.

Vince Mendoza
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Looking forward to shoppping at plattmagic... quality, integrity and no bs... catapult is one of my faves.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, I've been trying this out all day at work and it KILLS! Smile So simple & easy to use but amazingly effective...Actually it goes beyond amazing, to the specs it's "Impossible!"
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
104 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
To folks who have this already, which version are you using: quarter, half, silver half, etc.? Just wondering if one size has an advantage over another or if it's all up to the user. Sounds like a great effect - I'm looking forward to ordering this!

Thanks.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I'm using the half dollar version, but the Morgans are looking real nice to me. Smile

I think it's all up to the user as to what they like and works best for them and what they're doing. I can only think from my experiences that any of them or all of them would find good usage. -Mb

Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2009-04-27 15:22, Ruppenthal wrote:
To folks who have this already, which version are you using: quarter, half, silver half, etc.? Just wondering if one size has an advantage over another or if it's all up to the user. Sounds like a great effect - I'm looking forward to ordering this!

Thanks.

Great question. Each coin has presented its own unique challenges. Due to a nearly microscopic difference that I'm sure most people aren't aware of, the '64 Kennedy's have been the most stubborn and have required the greatest level of care. But it works like a charm. If you have questions about any specific coin, please contact me.
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello Platt and folks,
Very interesting. Looks like a lot of fun. I do, however, have a question.
I guess you all know how particular coin guys and gals are with their gaffs. I guess that could apply to any magician. My question is this:
Is it possible to get, let's say, a Soft Morgan between a certain date?
To possibly match coins already in their arsenal?
I do know that that would be a hellava lot of work.And probably not cost effective.
Just curious. Are all the Morgans, for instance, Uncirculated 1921's?
Or can you order something close to what you already have? To customize, so to speak.
Thanks for your time.
And good luck in your endeavors.
Jim.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have a question, it's pretty awkard to do a goshman pinch with a morgan, but it is possible
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Platt’s Back - "Blackout!” (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL