The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Tricks with jumbo cards (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
"MC Jumbo Card Tricks" from The Wizards' Journal #30 can be used with Jumbo Cards or the really big Giant Cards (8.5" x 11") to perform 4 different effects useful for MC quick bits, or stretched into longer routines.
Jim H
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Jim H
I use Persistent Joker by Tom Sellers. Can be used with any size cards, but I use jumbos. No slights, no extra cards, no false counts, just a fun and very easy to do trick. Available from trickshop.com
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
89 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
The "Tested Ten-Card Poker Deal" by Aldo Colombini is also well suited for using Jumbo Cards.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
The late, great Mark Wilson has a handful of effects with Jumbo Cards in his Mark Wilson Course In Magic one of which uses a Jumbo Playing Card and a regular size deck. It is a very good Mentalism Effect. It takes a little bit of practice, but it is worth learning. Check it out. You will like it.
KLMind
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
25 Posts

Profile of KLMind
Hands off by Richard Osterlind is a great effect with Jumbo card
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
This is awesome
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Many self-workers can use jumbos - Shuffle Bored, Gemini Twins, Kranzo's EZ Oil and Water.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
150 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I actually recently acquired a jumbo deck and have been looking for effects myself!

Interestingly enough, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has a whole section dedicated to magic with Jumbo cards.

When of them is the sight gag of having a jumbo card in your jacket pocket as a 'prediction' card. The prediction is show to be incorrect initially, though once the full jumbo card is revealed, it is revealed to be cut in half and the magicians prediction was correct.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, RobertApodaca wrote:
...One of them is the sight gag of having a jumbo card in your jacket pocket as a 'prediction' card. The prediction is show to be incorrect initially, though once the full jumbo card is revealed, it is revealed to be cut in half and the magicians prediction was correct.

I agree, this is a very good effect. I recall it originally being a brainchild of U.F. Grant using a regular size (half) card and an envelope.

Julie
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Don Alan's Big Deal has always been a favorite of mine.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Tricks with jumbo cards (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL