The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Download? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I thought I heard somewhere that Reel Magic would soon be available for download. True? I think it'd be great to get this in digital download form.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Wouldn't be the same to me... if it happens, I'll stick to my hard copy.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
According to Koz, beginning with the very next issue, when you purchase a copy of the disc, it will come with a set of files you can place on your computer. This will make Reel Magic portable, as people can carry segments of the magazine anywhere. However, I don't think there will be any explanations of effects available on the downloads, to help cut down on pirating. Smart thinking in my book.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Were going to at some point make the magazine available via download. As far as the mp4 files that's something were working on and will be testing in the next week or 2 as the newest magazine is almost done....Eugene Burger in a fantastic interview...might be the best interview yet in Reel Magic....

Piracy is one of our biggest concerns, it affects the survival of this project. Were in good shape and in zero danger BUT we are concerned that providing this file will cause many to do the wrong thing. On the other hand it makes Reel Magic a better product. I ask everyone to do the right thing because if our numbers go down the mp4 file will be eliminated. That in my mind would be a shame as it should just make this whole thing stronger. Its up to you guys. You guys will make the decision. I have faith in you to do the right thing that's why were going forward with this addition.

Koz
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
164 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
I think adding the MP4 file to the disc is a great idea. I would love to be able to take my copy of reelmagic on my ipod and watch it wherever I want. I still want the DVD but like the extra flexibility.

I also completely understand your concerns regarding piracy. I really hope that people do the right thing. I am pretty sure, just like anything in life, 98% of people do the right thing and there is a minority that spoil it for everyone else.

You have my support and as long as you keep providing great issues I am going to keep buying them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Download? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL